The Bottomless Bucket is Ready for Spring...Are You?

What would you use a large volume bucket for (The Bottomless Bucket)

• Lawn & Leaf Cleanup

• Mulching

• Mucking

• Moving Fire wood

• Moving Bagged Product

• Tree and Sapling Removal

• Construction Debris

• Shop Debris

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

BottomlessBucket

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880
Hello Kubota enthusiasts,

We've announced our all new Bottomless Bucket for shipment this spring. What is "The Bottomless Bucket" you ask? It's a large .90 cu yd bucket made of solid 3/16" aluminum, and measures 60" L X 26" D X 27" W (avg. width) and weighs in at under 130 LBS but has a load capacity of 600 LBS. Powder coated graphite gray makes this bucket impervious to weather and corrosive materials like manure and tree sap.

This bucket is perfect for any number of tasks including:

• Moving Mulch from your truck to your gardens and more
  • Mucking Horse and Cattle Stalls
  • Moving fire wood around
  • Moving cut trees, saplings and combustable materials to your burn pit
  • Moving construction debris
  • Moving lawn & leaf debris
  • Moving bagged products from your truck or pallet to where you need it
  • Use as a workshop dumpster
  • After all the work is done, Fill this bad boy with Ice & Beer
You can probably come up with a dozen other ways you can use this bucket.

A5FFBFDF-A8AD-449E-A9CF-DB1303F7DE02_1_105_c.jpeg

For more information and pricing contact us at bottomlessbucketstore.com before it's too late for your spring cleanups!

Thanks,
Phil
Bottomless Bucket Store

Attachments

Last edited:

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Aluminum bucket? No thanks, what's the point of a bucket if you have to manually hand load and unload it all the time? I'd rather have pallet forks to move bulk materials on a pallet.

When your bucket starts fatigue cracking all around the QA it will be a boat anchor full of costly repairs.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
Would be totally useless on a BX as the total lift cap. is about 500 lbs of which your design eats up 130 lbs of that capacity. I can well imagine the cost of your aluminum bucket to manually handle only that much pay load makes the whole proposition from a $$$ standpoint useless. I think your beating a dead horse for the sub compact owners.

BottomlessBucket

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880
Would be totally useless on a BX as the total lift cap. is about 500 lbs of which your design eats up 130 lbs of that capacity. I can well imagine the cost of your aluminum bucket to manually handle only that much pay load makes the whole proposition from a $$$ standpoint useless. I think your beating a dead horse for the sub compact owners.
Thanks for your feedback. As a point of fact is I have loaded 600LBS of bagged pellets into the bucket which itself weighs only 130LBS. That's 730 LBS I lifted without a problem on my BX1880. The bucket was designed to move lighter materials (not stone, gravel, sand etc.) and it's not a digging bucket. It's for moving large volumes of bark mulch, lawn and leaf cleanup, manure and other aired materials. Just want to clear up some confusion.

BottomlessBucket

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880
Aluminum bucket? No thanks, what's the point of a bucket if you have to manually hand load and unload it all the time? I'd rather have pallet forks to move bulk materials on a pallet.

When your bucket starts fatigue cracking all around the QA it will be a boat anchor full of costly repairs.
Thanks for your feedback. The bucket can be dumped so you don't have to manually unload it. I have a video on our YouTube channel showing how to dump it. As for stress fractures around the QA, there isn't going to be much stress on the QA lower seats, all the stress will be on the upper seat, and if a stress fracture ever does occur, we will be able to make the top QA seat removable and replaceable. It can be bolted on vs. welded on. Finally, my little BX tactor can't typically lift a full pallet of say pellets for example, so I have to break the pallet down and move the bags by hand today. I moved 15 bags in in almost no time at all.

I'll close with this. Try putting a yard of mulch on your pallet forks...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

ve9aa

Equipment
tg1860, bx2380
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I watched a couple of your youtube videos just now.

Trying to ascertain why you call it a "bottomless" bucket, where it clearly has a bottom.

(before I watched the videos) I thought maybe the bottom was on hinges and there was a remote release to open the bottom to drop (light) stuff out the bottom, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Maybe I am daft. Please explain.

BottomlessBucket

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880
I watched a couple of your youtube videos just now.

Trying to ascertain why you call it a "bottomless" bucket, where it clearly has a bottom.

(before I watched the videos) I thought maybe the bottom was on hinges and there was a remote release to open the bottom to drop (light) stuff out the bottom, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Maybe I am daft. Please explain.
Thanks for your feedback. The "Bottomless" is a euphemism to indicate that the bucket holds so much material, you'll think it is "bottomless". This initial version can be dumped using the loader tilt function. The front panel is angled so when you get the bucket tilted and lowered, the material can come out on it's own. A bit of technique is all you need to flip the bucket to empty it. There's a video on the YouTube channel showing the dump action.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Good luck with your new venture!
Have you considered having 4 castors as an option? Might be nice to be able to move it around in the workshop or garage.

Reactions: 1 users

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 77.1 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Well Phil,
I think it's pretty snazzy. Better than I could do fabbing one. Aluminum saves weight, and its probably about the same weight or less than the regular QA bucket right?

I think what would help us is a few more pics, front, side, straight down.
Also I sped read, what are the dimensions? did you mention them?

From a fellow Masshole, good luck with your business.
Paul

PaulR

Equipment
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Good luck with your new venture!
Have you considered having 4 castors as an option? Might be nice to be able to move it around in the workshop or garage.
That would be cool, now you're talkin.

BottomlessBucket

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880
Well Phil,
I think it's pretty snazzy. Better than I could do fabbing one. Aluminum saves weight, and its probably about the same weight or less than the regular QA bucket right?

I think what would help us is a few more pics, front, side, straight down.
Also I sped read, what are the dimensions? did you mention them?

From a fellow Masshole, good luck with your business.
Paul
Hey Paul. Thanks for your kind words. Did you happen to visit the web-site? There are more pics and links to our YouTube channel as well. We're early stages so many more pics and videos to come. As for the specs it's all on the website at bottomlessbucketstore.com.

Although this bucket is huge, it only weighs in at 130 LBS, far less than the standard steel bucket. The length of the buck also makes the tractor much more stable and safe when hauling a full yard of material around. It literally acts like a balancing beam similar to what you see when a tight rope walker walks with the long beam across his legs. I was amazed at how much safer I feel hauling 600 LBS of pellets in this bucket compared to 300 LBS in my steel bucket!

PaulR

Equipment
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
I just visited, thanks.
One of the pics has your address and I presume your house, you may want to fix that, lol.
I think you'll find a decent market for this, I'm thinking new BX homeowners that use their tractors around their 2-5 acre house lots.
I can see myself saying, damn I wish I had a bigger bucket to fit more stuff but would also not to sacrifice lift capacity...I think that's what you were thinking in your venture.
It's a good concept, it's just not for me, or at least at this time. it's just a bit too much like reinventing the wheel, or QA bucket as it were.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I see the bottomless bucket being used as a roll around dumpster, material handling, firewood or pellet container with ability of quickly being able to be attached to a QA front loader and moved or lifted. Such as lifting into the back of a pickup or onto a trailer. I can also see it being used for lawn tools, chainsaws, shovels, chains. With being able to so quickly change from a standard bucket or grapple to this it would be easy to transport it to the worksite, drop it and get about working. I would rather do that then use something like the 3pt hitch tool racks or general purpose totes.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Thanks for your feedback. The bucket can be dumped so you don't have to manually unload it. I have a video on our YouTube channel showing how to dump it. As for stress fractures around the QA, there isn't going to be much stress on the QA lower seats, all the stress will be on the upper seat, and if a stress fracture ever does occur, we will be able to make the top QA seat removable and replaceable. It can be bolted on vs. welded on. Finally, my little BX tactor can't typically lift a full pallet of say pellets for example, so I have to break the pallet down and move the bags by hand today. I moved 15 bags in in almost no time at all.

I'll close with this. Try putting a yard of mulch on your pallet forks...
Use my forks for mulch? Like this? I get about 1.25 yards heaped

Normally I use my bucket and load directly from a 20 yard pile. Your aluminum bucket would last for about 1 try at the pile.

Attachments

• Haha

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Interesting idea, seems reasonably well executed, but I see no need in my world for it, even if you made one to fit a B7100. :)
The caster idea option seems like a good idea also.

Last edited:

BottomlessBucket

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880
I see the bottomless bucket being used as a roll around dumpster, material handling, firewood or pellet container with ability of quickly being able to be attached to a QA front loader and moved or lifted. Such as lifting into the back of a pickup or onto a trailer. I can also see it being used for lawn tools, chainsaws, shovels, chains. With being able to so quickly change from a standard bucket or grapple to this it would be easy to transport it to the worksite, drop it and get about working. I would rather do that then use something like the 3pt hitch tool racks or general purpose totes.
Hey Ken. Those are all great applications for it and I appreciate your commenting. I agree things like the "Big Tool Rack" are monsterous and too gadgety for my taste. A quick on/off bucket with lots of capacity can be verry useful and I agree, this is just the right tool for those applications.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
Madison,Pa.
For me it seems like something that would be rarely used. My Kubota bucket would do the same with maybe an extra trip or two. Pallet forks and a cheap wood bin for me, but there are those bling masters out there with pockets full of money.... so not worth the extra $$$$ in my case. Good luck to you and your business venture.

BottomlessBucket

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880
For me it seems like something that would be rarely used. My Kubota bucket would do the same with maybe an extra trip or two. Pallet forks and a cheap wood bin for me, but there are those bling masters out there with pockets full of money.... so not worth the extra $$$$ in my case. Good luck to you and your business venture.
I originally thought that would be the case, but after using this last year, I found I was using it more than my steel bucket. I bag my lawn clippings and was making a dozen trips to my compost pile every time I cut the grass. Now I put this out where I’m cutting and empty the bags into it, then when I’m done I drive it over in one trip and dump it. Literally saves me 30-45 minutes which is time I can spend doing more enjoyable things. Time is $!