Thanks for all the Answers, Ordered my B2601 Today!!!

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Remind me - your chute is electric deflection, or hydraulic deflection?

If electric, then no third function, and yeah there'll be a switch they'll attach somewhere.

If hydraulic, then they must have a diverter valve that you toggle. Basically the same as an OEM third function kit, but perhaps not as useful in that you probably can't use it with a grapple. If it's hydraulic, I'd be tempted to get the OEM third function instead - you'd probably save a bit of money on the snow blower, and cost a bit for the OEM third function. Net it'll cost you more, but you'll be able to get a grapple.

davidmem

Equipment
Soon to be owner of Kubota B2601 Toro TimeCutter Model 7577
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
My hydro chute is run right from the joystick. left and right turn the chute, up and down lift the whole unit. Electric deflector is a toggle switch they put right on the joystick a little farther down the neck.
I have to take a pic of my electric deflector tonight for another thread, will post a pic shortly when I get home.
Thanks ... My deflector is hydraulic, but I do not have the third function on the tractor. So I am really really puzzled how this works. No clear answers at all. All my dealer said was I'll make it work for you.

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
Remind me - your chute is electric deflection, or hydraulic deflection?

If electric, then no third function, and yeah there'll be a switch they'll attach somewhere.

If hydraulic, then they must have a diverter valve that you toggle. Basically the same as an OEM third function kit, but perhaps not as useful in that you probably can't use it with a grapple. If it's hydraulic, I'd be tempted to get the OEM third function instead - you'd probably save a bit of money on the snow blower, and cost a bit for the OEM third function. Net it'll cost you more, but you'll be able to get a grapple.
Thank you for taking time out to reply and you're interest. I'm an engineer and the lack of details is driving me bat S#$& crazy

My shoot deflector is hydraulic. And it cost $1,079 roughly. To add the third function it's another $1,200. So I'm paying $2,300 to deflect snow if I add the third function. It was a little unclear and my least enjoyable part of ordering everything. But I want no regrets and toys as I'm getting older and health is changing so I did it.

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Search here you may find more info. I'm not a pro at all but from what I think I read here, the diverter robs the up/down function of power, where the third function does not. A snow deflector needs such little strength that they use only a diverter here.

Reactions: 1 user

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
Search here you may find more info. I'm not a pro at all but from what I think I read here, the diverter robs the up/down function of power, where the third function does not. A snow deflector needs such little strength that they use only a diverter here.
That makes sense to a newbie (me). The blower will be in float most of the time.

I appreciate it. I imagine they strap on a switch to the joystick. That's probably included in the kit and drives the kit cost up

ltpeto164

Equipment
Kubota B2601, turf tires, 60" Grapple, 55" snowblower, LP Land Planner, MMM
Dec 9, 2020
Northern Wis.
Hello Davidmem, like Paulr said, since you have a hydraulic shoot deflector, it would be best to have a 3rd function valve installed and needed for other fun attachments you'll probably want to make jobs easier. I attached a pic of what my 3rd function valve looks like. On top of the joy stick is an added plastic knob, I don't remember what the original looked like. You can't see it in the pic, but there are 2 buttons on the left side of knob that control 3rd function hydraulics. The black vertical bracket with 2 hoses is also part of the 3rd function valve kit. I also attached my sales sheet with the items needed for snowblower. Yes, it is not cheap but if you want easier work for yourself, I think it was well worth it. Hope this helps clear things up for you.
20210320_095316.jpg
Screenshot_20210320-095507_Drive.jpg

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
Hope this helps clear things up for you.
Thank you VERY much. It certainly clears up how the third function works with snowblower.

What remains a mystery is what my configuration will look like. Supposedly, in the $1,048 price for the hydraulic chute deflector "kit" are enough parts to make it work WITHOUT the third function. Maybe I should ask if anybody has a picture of that?

Implements I will use are the FEL of course, pallet forks, and tine rake(if I can find one).

I'm not sure about how I would use a grapple here. My 1.6 acres is all cleared. Maybe to grapple wood and carry it over to the splitter? I will think about it......

VERY MUCH appreciate the photo.

If the third function was REQUIRED I would have passed on the hydraulic deflector, but it IS an awesome feature. I just don't see a need for it yet.

Thank you!!!!!

ltpeto164

Equipment
Dec 9, 2020
Northern Wis.
I can attach pics of what my set up looks like later today or tomorrow. I thought at first too: "how hard can it be to manually move the chute up and down" but I am sure glad I have it now. When blowing snow and it's windy out, and if you do have to try and blow into the wind or cross wind, moving the chute deflector is necessary, or else you will get a face full of snow. Sometimes you want to blow it away far, but in tighter spots sometimes you can't. Don't want to break windows or hit buildings. You would end up moving the deflector more than you think. Getting on and off the tractor can get a little annoying. You can also go to YouTube and watch GP Outdoors channel. He had a B2601 with a snowblower. He has great video's about the tractor and the attachments. You can watch the snowblower in action.

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
I have the BX2755HD blower and because of the price opted not to install the hydraulic chute deflector. Installed an electric linear actuator and for less then $100.00 can tip the chute. With my old 3 point blower it had a fixed deflector so I thought how often would I change the angle. I do use it more with the front blower to prevent snow in the face. Its a lot of money to go up and down.

Reactions: 1 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I think I'd talk more closely to the dealer. If you get 3rd function, you'll save some on the snowblower as there are parts that won't be needed. I think you'd be happier with a full third function than with a snowblower-only third function, which is effectively what you're buying. Doesn't hurt to ask them what the saving at the snowblower end is, and the cost at the tractor end. I don't have a third function nor a grapple, but a lot of people do and love them. I don't know what you'd use it for, but sounds like you're specing your tractor to be a fun toy, and you may regret not taking that last step.

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
You can also go to YouTube and watch GP Outdoors channel. He had a B2601 with a snowblower. He has great video's about the tractor and the attachments. You can watch the snowblower in action.

I did watch that....it cost me money. :)

Thank you.

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT

I don't know what you'd use it for, but sounds like you're specing your tractor to be a fun toy, and you may regret not taking that last step.

Thank you....I will talk to the dealer on Monday.....

I appreciate the input.

ltpeto164

Equipment
Dec 9, 2020
Northern Wis.
Here are some pics of what the hydraulic chute deflector looks like on my blower setup. It is ridiculously priced but having a remote chute deflector is a must if you're going to be snowplowing around buildings and vehicles. I was getting the factory installed 3rd function valve anyway because I was getting the grapple attachment, so in the moment of buying I added the hydraulic chute. After having it now, I'm sure glad I did.

Attachments

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
It is ridiculously priced but having a remote chute deflector is a must if you're going to be snowplowing around buildings and vehicles.
Thank you, and thanks for the pictures.

If I can think of how I would use the third function, I'd add it. That would bring the cost of the shoot deflector to over $2000 if I add the third function.

Maybe I could use the grapple for my firewood activities......

Thank you again...

David

Dmidaho

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Jun 15, 2020
Idaho
Hi davidmem,

I haven't read the entire thread, did you order a rear remote? That could be used for a hydraulic shoot deflector with hoses long enough to reach the connectors. I am torn between adding a hydraulic shoot deflector using my 3rd function or adding an electric actuator as thebicman suggested. I've got all summer to work that out, however, I am in the process of sizing/ordering a hydraulic top link, it is about Box Blade season here in north Idaho.

Ordering/receiving my tractor was a nightmare! It is a long story but the Cliff's notes version is I ordered the hydraulic shoot deflector, dual rear remotes and top-n-tilt kit (signed and delivered the order form to the dealership June 1)... When the tractor was delivered (November 19th), these three accessories were not on the tractor (well, I did get a single rear remote) and the salesman just laughed and said, "Thank goodness I didn't charge you for them or I'd have to take the tractor back!" UGG!

There is much more to the story. Ultimately, I am in love with my B2601 (Thanks GP Outdoors for helping me decide) but am not happy with the dealership. Unfortunately, one family has a monopoly on Kubota in my region so if you want a Kubota here, you have to get it from one of their "stealerships". I called several other dealers in other geographic locations and all said they would not sell me a tractor since I was in ____'s territory.

Sorry for the grousing...

Not knowing your particular needs for a tractor, I anticipate you will love the B2601! I really like the cabbed LX2610 but decided $5-6K will buy a lot of winter clothes and don't think I need the extra size/weight!

Here is my "toy" configuration:
B2601 with loaded R14T tires and rear wheel spacers, LA435 w/60" SSQA bucket and 3rd function
Land Pride (LP) SGC0660 grapple
LP PFL1242 pallet forks
BX2822 snow blower
LP BB2560 Box Blade (hence the desire for a top-n-tilt kit)
LP RCR1260 rotary cutter. In hindsight, I think I should have paid a bit more and ordered a flail mower instead of the rotary cutter.

Here is a couple photos of my snow removal set up:

Forgot to mention, I've added lights to the ROPS and some small white LEDs to light up each side since 90% of my snow blowing is after dark and also added amber flashing LEDs to each side of the tractor. I don't have any photos of the lights (I'll have to take a few!) but I think it came out pretty good.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
You will love it. I love mine and I have no regrets.

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT

I haven't read the entire thread, did you order a rear remote?

Forgot to mention, I've added lights to the ROPS and some small white LEDs to light up each side since 90% of my snow blowing is after dark and also added amber flashing LEDs to each side of the tractor. I don't have any photos of the lights (I'll have to take a few!) but I think it came out pretty good.

Thank you Dmidaho. What a beautiful part of the country. Skiing there is on my bucket list. I appreciate your time to try and help me. GREAT pics of your tractor......

Completely embarrassed to say that I don't know what a rear remote is. I'm guessing it's a different control for the hydraulics that lower and raise the 3 pt hitch?

I'm interested in adding some lights. My Toro TimeCutter was VERY EASY to add lights as there was already an "RV" style plug coming off of one the electrical harnesses. Any provisions in the B2601???

I remain confused about my snowblower and how it will be configured without the 3rd function. Still looking for pictures for that configuration up front (where switch is etc).

David

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Completely embarrassed to say that I don't know what a rear remote is.
No reason...have to learn somehow..

A rear remote is an additional hydraulic "circuit" in the back of the tractor.

Think of your loader using 2 circuits; one lift/lower, the other curl/dump.

These are just located in the back of the tractor with a separate control lever for each remote.

Folks will often add more than 1 rear remote to accommodate things top and tilt (2 required), or other hydraulics on rear-mounted implements.

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
No reason...have to learn somehow..

A rear remote is an additional hydraulic "circuit" in the back of the tractor.

Think of your loader using 2 circuits; one lift/lower, the other curl/dump.

These are just located in the back of the tractor with a separate control lever for each remote.

Folks will often add more than 1 rear remote to accommodate things top and tilt (2 required), or other hydraulics on rear-mounted implements.

Thank you. If I understand, by tractor, not having a rear remote, will have ONE CIRCUIT for lowering and raising the 3 point hitch. So if rear implement needs to move up and down as well as say, ANGLE A BLADE (maybe) then that is where the rear remote comes in.

Much appreciated.