Thanks for all the Answers, Ordered my B2601 Today!!!

davidmem

Equipment
Soon to be owner of Kubota B2601 Toro TimeCutter Model 7577
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
Thank you all for the support in my decision process.

I started out thinking BX2680 but I did not like number of complaints about the lift. That pushed me to look at the JD 1025R because of the lift of the FEL. For $1,700 more than the 1025R got the B2601.

Hate the local green dealer and went there to get parts for my Home Cheapo John Deere LA140. Getting parts was a nightmare.

I'm a new tractor owner, only 1.6 acres, but getting older and don't want to lift as much landscaping and prepping firewood. Got the killer 55" commercial snow blower and I'm stoked about that. I'll be doing the neighborhood. Went nuts and got the hydraulic deflector as well. A silly expense, but heck, just wanted it. Land Pride 42" pallet forks as well.

Thank all for the support.

Really excited in Bethany, CT.

David

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Thank you all for the support in my decision process.

I Went nuts and got the hydraulic deflector as well. A silly expense, but heck, just wanted it. Land Pride 42" pallet forks as well.

Thank all for the support.

Really excited in Bethany, CT.

David
Congrats on your new Orange machine.

PS- There is nothing "silly" about getting something that you really wanted. You've earned it. Enjoy.

Reactions: 1 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Congrats! Look forward to seeing the pictures of the new machine.

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
David - - good for you!

You'll love the snowblower!

I wish I had had found OTT before I bought my BX2360.

I would likely have gotten a B also.

Love my BX, but sometimes I wish it had some more ummphh...

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Congrats. Waiting on my 2601. Delivery to dealer some time in March😕. Then who knows when my optional accessories will arrive😠.
What did you get for a delivery date?

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Way to go!! The frustration of the "wait time" will disappear once you get your new mechanical steed!!

ltpeto164

Equipment
Kubota B2601, turf tires, 60" Grapple, 55" snowblower, LP Land Planner, MMM
Dec 9, 2020
Northern Wis.
Congrats! The the hydraulic chute deflector is a must if you will be snowblowing the neighborhood. Otherwise, you would be getting on & off the tractor a lot. If you have to, in a tight spot, you can almost point the chute down next to the tractor. Don't want to break the neighbors windows, lol. The snowblower works great, you'll love that machine!

• Love

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Congrats Dave,
Now the dreaded wait begins.
You'll love the snowblower and hydraulics.
This, from a guy with a hydraulic and electric chute that does drive up and down his whole neighborhood. :ROFLMAO: 👍 👍
You will be AMAZED at the new uses you will find on even 1.6 acres. <cough>get pallet forks <cough> 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
Congrats Dave,
Now the dreaded wait begins.
You'll love the snowblower and hydraulics.
This, from a guy with a hydraulic and electric chute that does drive up and down his whole neighborhood. :ROFLMAO: 👍 👍
You will be AMAZED at the new uses you will find on even 1.6 acres. <cough>get pallet forks <cough> 😁
Thank you!! I did order <cough> pallet forks <cough>. I'm excited about the snow blower and hope the B2601 is maneuverable enough for my driveway. Driveway is not too tight, but I will find out.

You got the hydraulic chute!!!! Cool. So it's not hydraulically driven from a third function, correct? I think it can be. @PaulR How is yours setup and where is the button?

Thank you.

ltpeto164

Equipment
Kubota B2601, turf tires, 60" Grapple, 55" snowblower, LP Land Planner, MMM
Dec 9, 2020
Northern Wis.
I have the BX2822A 55" snowblower. The chute is hydraulic driven, left and right, you move the joy stick, the chute deflector angle up & down is controlled by the 3rd function switch, which controls a hydraulic ram to the deflector. My 3rd function was installed by the dealer. It is part of the joy stick, with two buttons on the left side, top of joy stick. Must have for future attachments, can you "Grapple", lol

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
.... you'll love that machine!
Thank you. I absolutely am sick of dealing with self-powered snow blower. IF I am able to make a path on my lawn to my woodshed in the winter, and retrieve wood with the B2601, I am selling the Ariens.

I'm nervous about spending so much on the snowblower, but people seem to really love it.

Thank you

Last edited:

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
I'm in Ontario Canada. Word today from my dealer is blockades on the west coast Vancouver...shipping ports and rail lines... are contributing to shipping delays. Some 60 freighters waiting to unload ??

• Angry

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
the chute deflector angle up & down is controlled by the 3rd function switch
This is where I, and a couple of the dealers, am confused. I specifically asked without the third function will this work. They said yes you don't need the third function. Evidently the kit has a diverter that takes the hydraulics from the left right and makes it the up and down on the shoot. I am not sure, and it has been very hard to get clear information about this. Do you or anyone know anything? I'm dying to find out. My expectation is there's a button attached to the joystick that is used, not the traditional third function switch that is integral to the joystick. I would really love to get more information about this.

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
My hydro chute is run right from the joystick. left and right turn the chute, up and down lift the whole unit. Electric deflector is a toggle switch they put right on the joystick a little farther down the neck.
I have to take a pic of my electric deflector tonight for another thread, will post a pic shortly when I get home.