tg1860 rocker pedal

workerguy

Equipment
tg1860
Apr 4, 2010
ROCK CREEK
Hello, this question is for my dad who is the proud owner of a kubota tg1860 diesel.He is becoming increasingly unhappy with the rocker style control pedal.I was wondering if there was a conversion available for this where he would have two seperate pedals or a lever to control speed and direction.He is getting up there in years and it's just a comfort factor i think with him.Any help would be appreciated thank you.If we had to make a few modifications on our own that would be o.k too.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
More then likely you'll have to make your own adapters. To my knowledge Kubota does not make a differnt foot petal controller for the hydrostatic drive on their mowers.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Workerguy. Do yo think your dad would be happier with side by side pedals. I had those on an old Case/Davis articulated and liked it. I had trouble getting used to the reverse pedal on the kubota because my knees and ankles don't move like they should. I think you could fab something up if you take your time and plan it out. I am sure there are still side by side machines out there ( not Kubota) if you can find one and see how they did the linkage it would give you a better idea of haw to do it. I have modified older garden tractors from a stick on the fender to foot controls. An Ariens and a John deere. I still put a rocker pedal like on the Kubota but I moved it foward as much as I could and put the forward pedal to the right of center of the rocker and reverse pedal a bit shorter and to the left of centre. That way I could run both controls with the toe of my shoe. I found it much more comfortable. Good luck and keep us posted.:D Dusty

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
This is kinda the reason why I dont like an HST transmission. Im a big dude at 6ft4 and with my size 12 hoofs I cant seem to move and controll speed and direction like I should. Having a big hoof and stickin a work boot on the end its rather uncomfey for me to operate the HST petal. I had the chance to play on a Kubota with the toe heel petal and I thought if it just left my foot on the petal it would be just as simple to rock my foot back and forth. WRONG I'd get to bumping all around and suddenly change directions when I didnt want to.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Yup I don't think there are that many six four japanese guys. So it got built to fit the short guys. I am only 5ft 8 and I have trouble with reverse.:D Dusty

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
YEAH us Jolly Green Giants get left out of everything. We have a hard time finding the big boy cloths and pay twice as much for them. I hate Old Navy stores they discriminate against fat people. NOTHING in there entire store is over 2XL

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
Yes, us tall fat crippled guy's, uh, well this tall fat crippled guy get's a pretty sore knee after a while on the Bota because of the "two pedal" format on my BX. :eek:

Marty394

Equipment
L3010 w/ Cab, RCR 1560, RB 1584, SMC Loader, KK II 60" Gear Drive Tiller
Feb 28, 2010
Wisconsin
Well, I'm a short fat guy at 5'6", and the pedal isn't any easier. But the best solution that Iv'e found is to use the toe only. I may be short, but I wear a 11 1/2 eeeee boot. I find it easier to just lift the pedal with my toe for reverse. Seem to have better control when looking back over my left shoulder that way.

Bob

P.S. I would've been taller if the good Lord hadn't turned so much under for feet!!

P.P.S. I'm not fat, I'm just short for my weight!!!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
[QUOTE
P.P.S. I'm not fat, I'm just short for my weight!!![/QUOTE]

Im not fat either. I'm just Skinny Impaired

Will In Tx

Equipment
L3400 HST/FEL, Box Blade, RTV 900 Camo, ZD323 Zreo Turn Pro Mower + More
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
Had a thought today for your dad.
How about a stick mounted by 2 screws on the pedal? Place a stick shift knob on top.
Justa FYI

I grew up as a boy on stick shifts but now like pedals just as much with 12 1/2 EEE foot.
Awh, yes, back in the day farming

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
I'm pretty sure I'm just fat.:eek:

Oh, and tall.;)

Oh, and crippled.:eek:

Hence the TFCO, Tall, Fat, Crippled One nickname...;)

After all, I'm 6'8" & 440lbs. I live in north west Ohio, where the men have smiles on their faces and the sheep run scared...

Last edited:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I live in north west Ohio, where the men have smiles on their faces and the sheep run scared...

What do you call a farmer with a goat under each arm??

a playboy

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
I'm glad to know I'm not alone in thinking the rocker pedal is a major
PITA to say the least.I'm average build 5'9" and with my Mickey Mouse
boots on can barely operate it.I've been studying it and thinking of a
way to mount a modified pedal on the left side so I can not only work it
easier,but then be able to use the brake pedals to help steer it when
blowing snow.

A stick mount like suggested would be easy to make up for your dad I
would think.I have a friend who lost both legs in Vietnam that has had
several different "toys" with a modified stick arangement to shift them
etc.I forgot to look at his Ford tractor the last time I was at his place
to see what he had rigged up but will try and stop over and take pictures
if it's something that I think may work and share them.
Al

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
This post has just about covered it all. We love our Kubotas. None of us like the HST pedal. Nearly all of us seem to be fat and crippled. Some short and some tall. We all seem to have big feet. Willy Nelson, Jessica Simpson and the Dukes of hazzard. And never turn your back on a man with a smile on his face and a hand on his zipper.

Will In Tx

Equipment
L3400 HST/FEL, Box Blade, RTV 900 Camo, ZD323 Zreo Turn Pro Mower + More
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
This post has just about covered it all. We love our Kubotas. None of us like the HST pedal. Nearly all of us seem to be fat and crippled. Some short and some tall. We all seem to have big feet. Willy Nelson, Jessica Simpson and the Dukes of hazzard. And never turn your back on a man with a smile on his face and a hand on his zipper.

I love my HST pedal and I am 5' 11" with 12 1/2 EEE boots!
Old school I never had a HST!!:D Then again it was always them off color tractors :p

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I love my HST pedal and I am 5' 11" with 12 1/2 EEE boots!
Old school I never had a HST!!:D Then again it was always them off color tractors :p
Ok, I guess I should have said almost none of us like the HST pedal. The rest of it seems to fit most everybody pretty good though. And I bet the sheep are still running scared in Ohio.