TG1860 G mower deck install?

clogan25

Equipment
TG1860G
May 5, 2014
Alexandria, VA USA
Greetings. New to the site.
Recently had to remove the 54" mower deck on my TG1860 G in order to replace the drive belt. Having trouble getting the deck back on. It appears the lift arms are not dropping down far enough to engage the deck mounts, because the frame mounts (where the L-pins attach the lift arms to the frame when the deck is off) are in the way.

Any ideas? I must be missing something, because the deck was attached and working before I went and messed with it.

Many thanks.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
turn the height adjuster to the lowest setting, then hold the button on the lift lever, push it as far as it will go, release the button and make sure it stays locked in the down position. Then hook up the deck. May still have to lift the deck to the arms. Hook the rear arms first, leaving the front off until last. Once the rear arms are on, hook the pto shaft, then the front arm. I saw a lot of mowers come through the shop where the gauge wheels were not adjusted properly (in the dirt/wheels high) making it even harder to hook up the deck lift arms. The wheels outta be about 1/4" to 1/2" off of the ground when the deck is at desired cutting height.

Reactions: 1 user

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
turn the height adjuster to the lowest setting, then hold the button on the lift lever, push it as far as it will go, release the button and make sure it stays locked in the down position. Then hook up the deck. May still have to lift the deck to the arms. Hook the rear arms first, leaving the front off until last. Once the rear arms are on, hook the pto shaft, then the front arm. I saw a lot of mowers come through the shop where the gauge wheels were not adjusted properly (in the dirt/wheels high) making it even harder to hook up the deck lift arms. The wheels outta be about 1/4" to 1/2" off of the ground when the deck is at desired cutting height.
I've owned a TG1860 ~15yrs and was "warned" not to take the deck off unless absolutely necessary as it was supposedly quite a nightmare to reinstall, so I've never taken it off. I do currently have a want/need to remove it, but am gun-shy to do so. I hate replacing the drive belt for one thing. Not terribly easy.

Is it really a difficult job to reinstall ? I've only recently signed up to OTT so never really researched it before now. I just recall the dealer's mechanics or maybe it was the salesman advising me not to remove it. (I bought it used, back in the day)

Tnx

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I never found them hard to take off, or reinstall. You may have to get creative if the lift lever doesn't lock in the fully down position, in that may have to use a strap or something to hold it down. On some tractors/mowers I have had to resort to using a pry bar to prys the deck up to the hanger. Or put a block of wood under it. As said sometimes you have to get creative.

Reactions: 1 user