T1460 Hydro Creeps

T1460Rider

Jul 7, 2020
Midwest
New to Kubota, but impressed with mower.

So creeps in forward and reverse when you let up on pedal. So far
cleaned and oiled all moving parts. Still does it.

I see there is an adjustment to rod but it is pretty tight and doesn’t seem would influence the return to neutral problems.

Does the return to neutral spring get weak?
Does the cam mechanism have an adjustment?

Thanks in advanced. New to this color.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
look at the linkage. On the transmission itself, there is a speed change arm (#180 on the breakdown, section #G02200). That arm has a set screw (#170) that has a tendency to back out an cause neutral creep issues and usually kind of intermittent. Remove the screw, clean it and the arm threads out really well, apply some red (permanent) thread locker to the set screw, reinstall & tighten. Let it sit overnight so the thread locker will set up and you're good to go.

Warning, it's not much fun to get to while the transmission is still in the frame. Doable but not any fun. I just remove it and deal with it on the bench, takes about the same amount of time either way (by time you fiddle with accessing the screw with a long hex key wrench).

T1460Rider

Jul 7, 2020
Midwest
Thanks. Did not want start adjusting this and that and be wasting my time and make things worse.

Do I find diagram on Kubota parts website?

T1460Rider

Jul 7, 2020
Midwest
I took a 1/4 inch ratchet, extension and torx bit. Held the pedal forward with bunge. I had a straight shot to screw.

Currently loc-tite drying. Will let you know how this go tomorrow night.

Again thanks for the quick reply.

Cannot seem the find a lot of Kubota riding Lawn Mower for sale. Did they manufacture many?
Seems like their own design and not a rebranded MTD or APY.

T1460Rider

Jul 7, 2020
Midwest
Took it out for a test mow.

Thank you lugbolt! Comes back to neural like a charm.

In neutral there is a little reverse creep on concrete but not on grass.
probably not going mess with it. But is there an adjustment for it if it gets worse?