Switching from "Ag" tires to "Turf"

cleo101

Equipment
New Kubota LX3310
Dec 4, 2015
Thorndale, Ontario - Canada
Hi guys, so when I purchase my B2620 2 years ago it came with the AG tires installed on and a second set of Turf tires and rims, now since my new property needed a lot of work I used the AG tires since the beginning until a couple weeks ago when I decided to switch them to the Turf ones since I'll be mainly cutting grass this summer. My question is as anyone did this cause since I've switch them my tractor seem to "wabble" a bit and it get worst when I'm in high gear for some reason. Now I've ask my dealer this question : I notice that the Turf rear tires set came with 12 holes in the rim instead of just the 6 like the "AG" rims have, so I ask if it made a difference which holes I should line them up with and they said it didn't matter ?? I haven't really try to see if the other holes actually line up too and if they do than does it really matter ????

Anyone ran in to this kind of problem before ?

Claude

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
My rear tires have 12 holes as well- it looks like 6 are for tapered lug nuts and the other 6 are for flat nuts, with lock washers perhaps? I have tapered lug nuts lice the automotive standard but I replaced my rear hubs to eliminate the wobble and the new hubs came with nuts and lock washers. The front hubs have just 6 holes and had nuts with lock nuts. What do more experienced Kubota owners prefer?
I think my answer to your question was buried in there - check your hubs!

BWXT

Equipment
'83 B5100D
You are going to get much more sidewall flex from a turf tire than an ag tire because they are much thinner and softer by nature. Also check your tire pressures against the manual recommendation given your attachments. It sounds like you are just used to a stiff ride from the ags and the turfs are going to feel much more like its floating around, even a little bouncy.