Swift-Tach Dealer option?

1IlX3310

Equipment
LX3310HSD
Jul 8, 2021
Maine
I am buying an LX3310 and do not want the Swift-Tach option on the FEL due to also getting a third function and the combination of exposed hoses, manifolds, etc is too busy for my liking. Does anyone know definitively if the Swift-Tach is a dealer installed option of if the loader comes pre-installed with it?

Thanks

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Kubota have two different things that are called swift tach in different material so far as I can tell.

One is the removable loader at all, which I believe used to be called Swift Tach. And the other is the single lever manifold with flat face couplers, which I think is also called Swift Tach. I believe both are factory installed, and the tractor and loader need to match (i.e. it's not just the loader that has to change, the hydraulics on the tractor also have to change).

1IlX3310

Equipment
LX3310HSD
Jul 8, 2021
Maine
Kubota have two different things that are called swift tach in different material so far as I can tell.

One is the removable loader at all, which I believe used to be called Swift Tach. And the other is the single lever manifold with flat face couplers, which I think is also called Swift Tach. I believe both are factory installed, and the tractor and loader need to match (i.e. it's not just the loader that has to change, the hydraulics on the tractor also have to change).
Thanks Paul, understood. I don't want the single lever manifold but am being told by the dealer that they are ordered that way and can't be deleted. Doesn't make sense as it's a bolt on item. I have seen assembly videos of dealer shops installing the manifold and it appears to simply be an in line accessory that could be bypassed with the standard hose and connector set up. Am I missing something?

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada

Like this..........
IMG_6772.JPG

Fixed the aggravating problem that Kubota could not and will not fix. 2 dealer attempts to stop the leaking was a poor failure. I converted mine ONCE and it hasn't leaked in 2 years.

Reactions: 1 user

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
You can always try and have the dealer remove it before delivery. If you are taking the loader off all the time, it might be worth the trouble. If not, then go standard and just uncouple them as needed.

jkrez

Equipment
Gr2120, LX3310, bh77 hoe, 64 inch commercial snow blower, landpride pallet forks
Apr 16, 2021
Berks County PA
My 3310 did not have or nor did I need swift tach.
I figured with the cab I needed to get out anyway.

Orange man

Equipment
Kubota L2501 LA525 loader , woods prd6000 mower, Land pride RB 1672
Jul 23, 2014
WNY
I am buying a LX2610 with the LA535 loader and was told the swift-tach was a option that was dealer installed,. I do not want it and one reason I am getting the LX over a B2601, the 435 loaders all have it and several people are having problems with them.

Reactions: 1 users

Orange man

Equipment
Jul 23, 2014
WNY
The line item for loader accessories has the conversion kit, B2386 is the kit #

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I am buying a LX2610 with the LA535 loader and was told the swift-tach was a option that was dealer installed,. I do not want it and one reason I am getting the LX over a B2601, the 435 loaders all have it and several people are having problems with them.
Indeed, folks have had leaks with the single lever manifold used on the BX series but the system used on the LX series is new and different. Haven't heard of any leak problems with these yet.

I have single lever hydraulic manifolds on my L6060 and M9960 (also NH T4050 Deluxe, since sold) and none has ever dripped a drop.

I would have bought a single lever manifold for my B3350 had it been available. Small connections so very close together are a PITA.

SDT

Orange man

Equipment
Jul 23, 2014
WNY
The b2601 have leak problems too, but I was talking about the parking stands, several people have had problems with them, on both 2601 and the LX series.

Reactions: 1 user

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
The dealer could change it out. They'd have to change the couplers on the tractor side, and the couplers on the loader side. I'd imagine a reasonable amount of labour and parts - a few hundred $$ at least. I personally would rather the single lever, and certainly wouldn't pay money to remove it. Equally, my B2601 came without, and I haven't spent money to get a single lever despite wanting one.