Svl95-2 air in fuel (error code 9302)

All-clear

Equipment
Svl95-2
Jan 18, 2021
Miami, fl
I have searched and searched before posting this and can’t find anything that discusses this exact issue. I recently purchased 200 gallons of off-road diesel from a friend of mine. I find out later that have been sitting around for about six months. Started having problems with the machine and got codes 9309 and 9310. Started reading around and found out it was exhaust gas temperature not specified and starter deactivation. Started looking at the fuel system and the fuel separator was completely gummed up so I changed the filters. 9309 and 9310 went away but the 9302 code started coming up. So I figured I had something stuck in the fuel system took apart and cleaned everything including the fuel pump all lines filter housings. But the code keeps coming back up. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You may want to treat your fuel tank on the tractor with an algaecide to help clean it up more and stop any growth.

You can also treat the storage tank.

No idea about that code.

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
I have searched and searched before posting this and can’t find anything that discusses this exact issue. I recently purchased 200 gallons of off-road diesel from a friend of mine. I find out later that have been sitting around for about six months. Started having problems with the machine and got codes 9309 and 9310. Started reading around and found out it was exhaust gas temperature not specified and starter deactivation. Started looking at the fuel system and the fuel separator was completely gummed up so I changed the filters. 9309 and 9310 went away but the 9302 code started coming up. So I figured I had something stuck in the fuel system took apart and cleaned everything including the fuel pump all lines filter housings. But the code keeps coming back up. Any help would be greatly appreciated
I know you said you cleaned the fuel lines etc but check out the following thread about restricted fuel flow and where to check: CLICK HERE FOR THREAD

All-clear

Equipment
Svl95-2
Jan 18, 2021
Miami, fl
I know you said you cleaned the fuel lines etc but check out the following thread about restricted fuel flow and where to check: CLICK HERE FOR THREAD
Thanks for the replies guys. And yes wgator I’ve read that thread back and forth.
Came to the shop now and thought I’d try an aux tank to see if it’s a clog in the supply line. I used a 12oz bottle with a fitting connected to a hose straight to the electrical pump then to the injection pump. Started it up and ran it at full throttle got the injector clack then the code again, but it shut right off. Went to the back and after about 12 seconds the 12oz of fuel was gone. I think I have a damaged pressure valve on the pump or the one on the rail for the return. Does this make sense?

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Have you cleaned out the fuel tank? The filter looks horrid.
Typically, the E:9302 error code is from low fuel pressure caused by a restriction before the common rail fuel pump.
Remove the LH rear cleanout plate below the fuel separator. There will be 2 hoses there, one has a plastic plug at the end of it. That is to drain off the bottom of your fuel tank sump. Remove the plug and drain off some fuel into a clean catch can and see what you have got.
You can also take the supply hose from the inlet to the separator off of the 90 deg elbow and pass it through the clean-out opening and let fuel-free flow from the tank. It should have a full, solid stream.
You also will need to check your new separator filter to see that it is not plugged again.
The spin-on filter on these machines is 5 microns, it does not take much contamination to plug them.

Here is a list of the E code for an SVL95-2 machine.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Thanks for the replies guys. And yes wgator I’ve read that thread back and forth.
Came to the shop now and thought I’d try an aux tank to see if it’s a clog in the supply line. I used a 12oz bottle with a fitting connected to a hose straight to the electrical pump then to the injection pump. Started it up and ran it at full throttle got the injector clack then the code again, but it shut right off. Went to the back and after about 12 seconds the 12oz of fuel was gone. I think I have a damaged pressure valve on the pump or the one on the rail for the return. Does this make sense?
The fuel is circulated back to the fuel tank at a high rate. 12 ounces of fuel will not supply the system for more than several seconds. You will need a lot larger bottle.

All-clear

Equipment
Svl95-2
Jan 18, 2021
Miami, fl
Have you cleaned out the fuel tank? The filter looks horrid.
Typically, the E:9302 error code is from low fuel pressure caused by a restriction before the common rail fuel pump.
Remove the LH rear cleanout plate below the fuel separator. There will be 2 hoses there, one has a plastic plug at the end of it. That is to drain off the bottom of your fuel tank sump. Remove the plug and drain off some fuel into a clean catch can and see what you have got.
You can also take the supply hose from the inlet to the separator off of the 90 deg elbow and pass it through the clean-out opening and let fuel-free flow from the tank. It should have a full, solid stream.
You also will need to check your new separator filter to see that it is not plugged again.
The spin-on filter on these machines is 5 microns, it does not take much contamination to plug them.

Here is a list of the E code for an SVL95-2 machine.
Thanks tiger. Sorry I forgot to mention that I drained the tank completely and filled with good clean fuel. Like I said earlier I tried an aux tank and the same issue happens. I think it’s one of the pressure relief or pressure control valves as the fuel is PUMPING !!! Big time out of the end of the common rail. Being that I can’t swap the one on the rail I’m going to take off the one on top of the injection pump. Let me know if you think that I’m headed in the right direction?

All-clear

Equipment
Svl95-2
Jan 18, 2021
Miami, fl
I just read your post about the high rate of return to the tank. So I guess that I need to maybe go to the tank and check the outlet to see if it’s restricted

All-clear

Equipment
Svl95-2
Jan 18, 2021
Miami, fl
Just went and changed the line from the tank to the water separator. Had good flow from the tank. Tightened up all the fittings and the same MOTHER Fing thing. WOW this shi$ Is getting frustrating! I have a big job on Monday and no dealer or mechanic is going to make it out here in time.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Just went and changed the line from the tank to the water separator. Had good flow from the tank. Tightened up all the fittings and the same MOTHER Fing thing. WOW this shi$ Is getting frustrating! I have a big job on Monday and no dealer or mechanic is going to make it out here in time.
Remove the outlet hose from the spin-on filter, put a hose on the nipple so you can hang it out the rear of the machine. Turn the key switch to ON, see how much flow you are getting thru the filters.

Reactions: 1 user

All-clear

Equipment
Svl95-2
Jan 18, 2021
Miami, fl
Remove the outlet hose from the spin-on filter, put a hose on the nipple so you can hang it out the rear of the machine. Turn the key switch to ON, see how much flow you are getting thru the filters.
Thank you tiger for all your help I took off from my property as I had gotten a little frustrated already I will be back there tomorrow. The machine will stay at idle for the whole day long at full throttle as soon as I put it into action it starts clicking like an injector sound and will go directly into limp mode now it gave me a code 9309 which is exhaust temperature gas and inhibited the starter motor. I will try what you said with the spin on filter nipple tomorrow and reply back again thank you very much for all of your help

All-clear

Equipment
Svl95-2
Jan 18, 2021
Miami, fl
checked flow and seems to be good. I also eliminated both water separator and spin on filter and went from the tank to the electric pump then straight to the injection pump and it still gives me the code and the injectors start clacking. Yesterday I took some old school advice and filled the spin on filter with 2 stroke oil. When I did that the machine ran like a champ for about 10 minutes. I’m starting to think it might be from the injection pump forward. Maybe I screwed it Up or the injectors or something on the rail from the bad fuel?