Summit Hydraulics electric rear remote valve kit - Kubota L3901

Homie

Equipment
Kubota L3901 - Box blade, rotery cutter, root grapple, landscape rake
Mar 29, 2022
texas
I just purchased a new Kubota L3901 and I am looking to purchase a rear remote kit with option to route the 3rd function up front for a grapple. I am eyeing the Summit Hydraulics electric rear remote valve kit for compact tractors with 3 circuits. They provide a new handle with buttons just for that option I believe. Does anyone have any experience with this kit and will it work?

I can't find a rear remote with 3rd function kit specifically spelled out for a Kubota L3901 and I am new to hydraulics so any information is appreciated.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I just purchased a new Kubota L3901 and I am looking to purchase a rear remote kit with option to route the 3rd function up front for a grapple. I am eyeing the Summit Hydraulics electric rear remote valve kit for compact tractors with 3 circuits. They provide a new handle with buttons just for that option I believe. Does anyone have any experience with this kit and will it work?

I can't find a rear remote with 3rd function kit specifically spelled out for a Kubota L3901 and I am new to hydraulics so any information is appreciated.
I have exactly that under development. Up to three factory style rear remotes AND an electric 3rd function all tucked under the seat just like OEM. Probably another couple months before its ready for prime time.

Dan

20211115_163809.jpg

20211115_163942.jpg

20220306_171248.jpg

20211029_134332.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Homie

Equipment
Kubota L3901 - Box blade, rotery cutter, root grapple, landscape rake
Mar 29, 2022
texas
That would be ideal and is exactly what im looking for. It looks like it comes with oem style levers too. I think those will fly off the shelf. That puts me in a bind because now I want to wait the couple months for it to be rolled out but I dont think I can. Thank you for responding. I'll be watching and if they come out tomorrow I'll be one of the first shouting "take my money!"

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
It w
That would be ideal and is exactly what im looking for. It looks like it comes with oem style levers too. I think those will fly off the shelf. That puts me in a bind because now I want to wait the couple months for it to be rolled out but I dont think I can. Thank you for responding. I'll be watching and if they come out tomorrow I'll be one of the first shouting "take my money!"
Thats what I figured. It wont be tomorrow but it might not be two months. The damn OEM style handles are what has been holding me back and I think I finally have that resolved. Hope to get the valves mounted and tested in the next couple weeks. PM me if you want to discuss my time table and your options. I have another gentleman waiting in the wings for one so I am motivated.....

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
It w

Thats what I figured. It wont be tomorrow but it might not be two months. The damn OEM style handles are what has been holding me back and I think I finally have that resolved. Hope to get the valves mounted and tested in the next couple weeks. PM me if you want to discuss my time table and your options. I have another gentleman waiting in the wings for one so I am motivated.....

Dan
I would also be interested in that! Looks awesome!

younker

Equipment
L2501
Jul 9, 2020
canada
Any updates on this? ive been looking at the summt EVK2-3. i already have a 3rd function but want top and tilt. oem is nice but my god its expensive

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Thank you for your interest. I will post an announcement in Buy and Sell when I have something to offer. Hopefully that wont be too much longer.

Dan
Dan, care to share any dimensions? Would be pretty slick if it's small enough to tuck in my B series somewhere, would love to have remotes out the back but kubota has a clunky ugly was of doing it.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Dan, care to share any dimensions? Would be pretty slick if it's small enough to tuck in my B series somewhere, would love to have remotes out the back but kubota has a clunky ugly was of doing it.
I will share whatever you want but none of that is likely to fit a B7510. I looked but could not find anything in the way of factory remotes for your tractor. Do you have a Kubota part number? If you have a loader remtoes should be real easy to add.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Any updates on this? ive been looking at the summt EVK2-3. i already have a 3rd function but want top and tilt. oem is nice but my god its expensive
Sorry no - I have been way too busy to spend more time on it, It's 95% done and on hold at this point.

Dan

younker

Equipment
L2501
Jul 9, 2020
canada
Ok keep us posted I'm away working for thr next month or 2 so no ready to pull the trigger just yet

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
I will share whatever you want but none of that is likely to fit a B7510. I looked but could not find anything in the way of factory remotes for your tractor. Do you have a Kubota part number? If you have a loader remtoes should be real easy to add.

Dan
I do not have any part number. I did a search a wile back and seen a bunch of kits offered for the B and bx series. They all mounted on the rops bar. Looked pretty out of place. I'll search again, and send you a pm with what I find. I just think there has to be a better way then full size remotes on a pint sized tractor.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I do not have any part number. I did a search a wile back and seen a bunch of kits offered for the B and bx series. They all mounted on the rops bar. Looked pretty out of place. I'll search again, and send you a pm with what I find. I just think there has to be a better way then full size remotes on a pint sized tractor.
I very much agree. Now if you want an outlet panel like the one I made for the L01 that's pretty easy. and not expensive to make. The ROPS outlet mount that Kubota provides for the L01's is pretty crappy and is what soured me on the factory remote kit. I felt for the money they were charging they could at least provide the same outlets they use on the B, LX, and Grand L series.

As for coupler size that is a matter of preference. Half inch is pretty "standard" for rear outlets but definitly overkill for a tractor with a 4 GPM implement pump. The grapple I purchased for the LA525 came with two high dollar Stucchi 1/2" flat face couplers on the end of 1/4" hoses. WTF??? The couplers would be fine if I were going to use the grapple on my 30 GPM skid steer but they are massive overkill for the little 6 GPM LA525 loader. I took them off and put a couple 3/8" couplers on the hoses. When I get around to making a permanent 3rd function connection they may get replaced with 1/4" couplers.

Dan

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
I very much agree. Now if you want an outlet panel like the one I made for the L01 that's pretty easy. and not expensive to make. The ROPS outlet mount that Kubota provides for the L01's is pretty crappy and is what soured me on the factory remote kit. I felt for the money they were charging they could at least provide the same outlets they use on the B, LX, and Grand L series.

As for coupler size that is a matter of preference. Half inch is pretty "standard" for rear outlets but definitly overkill for a tractor with a 4 GPM implement pump. The grapple I purchased for the LA525 came with two high dollar Stucchi 1/2" flat face couplers on the end of 1/4" hoses. WTF??? The couplers would be fine if I were going to use the grapple on my 30 GPM skid steer but they are massive overkill for the little 6 GPM LA525 loader. I took them off and put a couple 3/8" couplers on the hoses. When I get around to making a permanent 3rd function connection they may get replaced with 1/4" couplers.

Dan
My thoughts exactly. I have a bunch of 1/4" and 3/8" couplers around from my cubs and yanmar. (Little bit bigger then the cubs) so that was pretty much my though for quick connect size. This pictures you have posted above of your outlets looks great, I had actually thought about doing something similar, but finding a small enough valve with power beyond to continue to power the 3point seems to be the hard part. Ideally I'd like 3 remotes, but could live with 2. I have a electric diverter valve up front for the grapple, but that just sends the bucket function to the front remote. Not quite sure what to do about the rear for a clean install.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
My thoughts exactly. I have a bunch of 1/4" and 3/8" couplers around from my cubs and yanmar. (Little bit bigger then the cubs) so that was pretty much my though for quick connect size. This pictures you have posted above of your outlets looks great, I had actually thought about doing something similar, but finding a small enough valve with power beyond to continue to power the 3point seems to be the hard part. Ideally I'd like 3 remotes, but could live with 2. I have a electric diverter valve up front for the grapple, but that just sends the bucket function to the front remote. Not quite sure what to do about the rear for a clean install.
Finding a valve should not be a problem. Here are a couple that I have used in the past.

The sectionals that I am using on the L3901 are very nice valves. They let you mix and match spool types and can be expanded or modified later but are more expensive. Three DA work sections with inlet and outlet covers is a bit north of $400.

Dan

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
Hay old timer your valve assembly shows 2 hose conections / Yet you have 8 ports on your back panel i'm confussed how dose that work ???? Not being a wise ass just missing something???

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hay old timer your valve assembly shows 2 hose conections / Yet you have 8 ports on your back panel i'm confussed how dose that work ????
You are looking at the prototype. There will ultimately be three of those sectionals under the seat - that is six of the outlets. The other two are constant flow for my log splitter. They are turned on/off by a selector valve on the right side. And of course two more up front for the third function valve.

Dan

20210926_125022.jpg