Jun 27, 2022
Virginia

GrappleDave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
New Kubota L2501
Mar 19, 2022
jackson NY
To answer the OP's original question, I have dealt with Summit quite a bit and have installed many third function kits from them with great results. Their customer service is top notch! I have not installed the exact kit he was asking about but if it's anything like their third function kit for that model tractor it will be a well thought out kit with everything you need.

I do like the DIY approach that theoldhoakie is putting together! Can you share some part numbers and where you purchased when you get a chance? Thanks

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
To answer the OP's original question, I have dealt with Summit quite a bit and have installed many third function kits from them with great results. Their customer service is top notch! I have not installed the exact kit he was asking about but if it's anything like their third function kit for that model tractor it will be a well thought out kit with everything you need.

I do like the DIY approach that theoldhoakie is putting together! Can you share some part numbers and where you purchased when you get a chance? Thanks
I am using Bucher HDS11 sectional work sections for the remote valves . The electric 3rd function is an off the shelf Yuken DO3. I designed and machined the inlet and outlet sections. It's been almost a year and I am still struggling to get a handle arrangement that will work with the factory guide plate. I tried removing the Bucher towers and using somrthing like the Kubota handles but have been unable to get the valves to go into float. The travel is too long and the action is too stiff for that loosy-goosey design. After high hopes but yet another failure last night I am considering going back to the Bucher towers which work smoothly and effortlessly. That may require a custom made guide plate to handle the longer travel but it will actually be cheaper and whole lot easier.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

FlatlandTransplant

Equipment
B8200 with SSQA converted loader and a X300 yard tamer
Feb 18, 2017
King George, va.
I am installing what the OP is asking about currently on my b8200. Because my tractor is not one they sell a kit for I am having to do some work to get it to work with finding the fittings to connect to the factory hard line connections as well as getting custom hoses to fit where I want to put the valves.

To convert the rear remote kit kit to work as a 3rd function as well I ordered it with the joystick like you mentioned and put elbows on one of the valve outputs instead of the quick connects, then ran the lines to the front.

I was a bit disappointed in the switchbox that is sold with the kit, they did well with waterproof connections in the harness, but the switchbox seems rain resistant at best and only when mounted in the right orientation. I am planning to use it until I get around to making a better one.

If you need any more information just let me know and I will do what I can.

Bob11x

Feb 20, 2016
Upstate ny
I know this is an old thread but I am acquiring an L3901 with a BH77 in a couple weeks and am looking for rear remotes and 3rd function. Your setup is very appealing.
Any update on the progress?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I know this is an old thread but I am acquiring an L3901 with a BH77 in a couple weeks and am looking for rear remotes and 3rd function. Your setup is very appealing.
Any update on the progress?
Assuming this is directed to me my situation changed drastically a year ago. I have developed serious medical problems and all work on the valves ceased January of 2023.

Dan

Last edited:

Bob11x

Feb 20, 2016
Upstate ny
So sorry to hear that. Hope things are going ok. Thank you for your many knowledgeable posts.

Assuming this is directed to me my situation changed drastically a year ago. I have developed serious medical problems and all work on the valves ceased January of 2023.

Dan