Summit Hydraulics 3rd Function

busterja21

Oct 12, 2019
colorado
Has anyone used the 3rd function kit from summit hydraulics for a 2650? Looks like its a couple hundred less than the land pride version.

If you've used one, how does it work, and any fitment issues?

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
They are a reputable brand for sure, but I do not think they are "machine specific" unless they have added something different to the product line. So, if you can work out all the little details like the hoses, various fittings, mounting, ect then yes you can save a few $$$, but all that adds up quickly especially if you order a few wrong parts.

Big Hoss

Equipment
L3901
May 16, 2018
Sandyston, NJ
I installed one on my L3901. It was Kubota specific when I ordered it. Works well with my grapple. No issues, and very easy install. Literally took 20 minutes from start to finish and included everything you need. Their customer service was excellent.

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
Ordered Summit’s kit for my L3301 and am really impressed with their customer service (Tony & Patrick) as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hake

Jan 7, 2017
Ky
I have one on order. Should be delivered tomorrow. It was machine specific for my B2650. Will update how the install goes and how it works.

Let us know how it goes, pics too. Can you link the kit you brought as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GA Tech Fan

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701
Mar 23, 2020
Gray, GA
Brand new tractor owner and member! About to do the same thing. They have a Kubota specific kit that I'm about to order for my L4701. Looks like only difference in the kit is that they use their Summit electric actuator and EA uses the WR Long (brackets to mount to tractor look very similar). $200 cheaper than the EA. Going to pick up an MTL 66" grapple since it's within driving distance for me. Saving another $100 by picking it up myself!

Grapple $900
Third function kit $549

Total $1,449 for a grapple for a tractor that doesn't even have a third function on the loader - can't beat that!! i'll post pics when I'm done.

I live within driving distance of J-BAR HQ and MTL manufacturing - tractor life is good!