suggestions on finding "Shop Manual" or "Service Manual"

twomanyprojects

Equipment
L225
Mar 23, 2010
Carpinteria, CA, USA
I notice on e-bay there are "shop manuals" and "service manuals" - I need to be able to fix the L225 tractor I bought for my father-in-law and am looking for a good manual for it - either reproduction or original. We probably have some good suppliers right here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Frank

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Those on E-bay will work just as well as any other book out there. There's a fellow on here Service Dept Vic who is the go to guy for books.

Blkvoodoo

Equipment
B2400, LA352, RC60, Cammond Box Blade
Mar 27, 2010
Zebulon NC
I just recieved my WSM ( work shop manual) and operators manual for my B2400, ordered thru Messick's. Ordered Tues afternoon, arrived Friday morning via UPS

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
You know the craziest thing happened when I tried to order manuals from Messicks.
I kept getting a message that my address didn't match my card address. I rechecked a hundred times but I kept getting the damn message and it wouldn't let me finish the order. I even tried from different computers at work and at home.

I use the same information when ordering from other sites like Amazon, ebay and such with no problems.

The next day Messicks emailed me and asked why I didn't complete the order and if there was something they could do. I explained what happened and asked for help. They never responded to me and that was about a month ago.

Oh well, I'll just order else where. I don't need the manuals yet as there is nothing wrong with the tractor but I would like to have them if the occasion arises.

Scott

Joshua Zahn

Equipment
L275
Feb 13, 2010
Elkton, Maryland USA
:mad:I got my WSM from SSB (they run another tractor forum). They offered one for each a L275 and an L275DT (which is my model) for about $30 more. I figured they were probably the same but I didn't want to take a chance. I'm not terribly satisfied with my local dealer so I chose SSB.:( My book appears to be a standard L235/L275 manual so I called them. The useless chick I talked to said the L275 is grey market so that's the difference. I'm calling BS in that but my hiney still hurts!:D So just check around and follow your gut.

Blkvoodoo

Equipment
B2400, LA352, RC60, Cammond Box Blade
Mar 27, 2010
Zebulon NC
Suggestion, when filling out the billing and shipping, don't fill out the shipping, click the option " shipping address same as billing "

I've had the same problem you had in the past, all it takes is one small tap of the space bar and you aren't getting there from here.

may or may not be what happened, but that has been an issue for me in the past.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
:mad:I got my WSM from SSB (they run another tractor forum). They offered one for each a L275 and an L275DT (which is my model) for about $30 more. I figured they were probably the same but I didn't want to take a chance. I'm not terribly satisfied with my local dealer so I chose SSB.:( My book appears to be a standard L235/L275 manual so I called them. The useless chick I talked to said the L275 is grey market so that's the difference. I'm calling BS in that but my hiney still hurts!:D So just check around and follow your gut.
Josh, I feel for you brother. You seem to have been born under a bad moon :(

Scott

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Suggestion, when filling out the billing and shipping, don't fill out the shipping, click the option " shipping address same as billing "

I've had the same problem you had in the past, all it takes is one small tap of the space bar and you aren't getting there from here.

may or may not be what happened, but that has been an issue for me in the past.

Hey Kevin,
Sounds like you may be in the same boat as I am. The post office does not deliver to my house so I have to use a PO box for all mailing addresses. The shipping companies do deliver though and I don't see this as a problem since I have never had a problem for the past ten years. Just have to be careful every time when ordering online if it post office or fedex or ups shipping the item.

Messicks and other sites have mailing address and card billing address for this but I was very frustrated with the Messicks by the time I was done. Really tweaks me that they didn't respond to me asking for help.

I would like to thank you though for giving me advice that has helped you in the past. Thanks Kevin!

Scott