Subsoiler

1badDart

Sep 7, 2021
W. KY.
I had a garden this year for the first time in many years. I used a spot where my mother had her garden when I was young, there probably hasn't been a garden there in over 50 years. After breaking it this spring, I was not surprised to find the spot had a hard pan at about 8". So, all summer I've been rubbing on the idea of building a subsoiler. I finally got it all worked out in my head and found al the material and built it last week.

The upside down T that it bolts to I built years ago and has a boom pole that fits it too.
IMG_6757.jpg
IMG_6760.jpg
IMG_6758.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
Nice build! I bet your garden will be better next year for it.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
A LOT better. the 32" subsoiler on the D-14 needed all 40HP ,1st gear ,low range to move it on the 'repurposed' acre that'd been no-tilled for 3-4 decades.
If you go BOTH N>S AND E>W, soil will break up even better !!
I even went diagonally a week after,heck the sub doesn't exactly get used too often !

1badDart

Sep 7, 2021
W. KY.
A LOT better. the 32" subsoiler on the D-14 needed all 40HP ,1st gear ,low range to move it on the 'repurposed' acre that'd been no-tilled for 3-4 decades.
If you go BOTH N>S AND E>W, soil will break up even better !!
I even went diagonally a week after,heck the sub doesn't exactly get used too often !
When the tomato's, okra and squash are finished I'll rip around the perimeter, then across and the length. I may cover it with well rotted horse manure before I break it after ripping.

1badDart

Sep 7, 2021
W. KY.
Boom pole, the loop of sorts goes over the 2 5/16" ball on top and slips onto the balls shank. The two feet rest against the bottom of the carrier and pins drop through the two pieces of pipe on the carrier.

IMG_6768.jpg
IMG_6769.jpg
IMG_6770.jpg