Stupid Question LED AUX light BX 2380

csaturno

Jul 29, 2017
Hamburg
I know this is a stupid question- I found the AUX wiring on rear wiring harness on my BX 2380 and I want to add some LED lights. It looks like the AUX cables from factory are as follows

- red/black-always-hot wire is a 20 amp line
- red/blue-hot-with-ignition-switch is a 10 amp line

However, the ends are all together in one plastic end? How do I connect the individual black and red wires from the LED light to the aux red/black always hot wire from factory?? Cut the end off? It looks like the cables red and black form the factory are connected together in the clamp end? Again sorry for my stupidity

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
You will need to place the ends on your wires to match those given.

The wires you supply will need to go to the switch with typical blade connections, and then to get the +/- supplies, looks like you need bullet style
connectors.

http://www.maneywire.com/images/products/Vinyl-Insulated Bullet.jpg

http://www.conrad.com/medias/global/ce/7000_7999/7300/7370/7375/737588_LB_00_FB.EPS_1000.jpg

Personally I do not like to crimp the connectors - I go to all the trouble of peeling the plastic off, soldering the connectors and then have shrink wrap around all of that. Makes for a longer lasting connection

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Your local auto parts store should have the connectors you need, like 85Hokie posted. You can also get them with water tight connections. You heat up the tubing and it has a sealant in it.

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
I just added lights to my ROPS. I didn't have the correct size connectors when I was doing the install, so I just took my new light wires and basically just wrapped them around the tractor connectors a few times, checked the voltage with my tester and then wrapped them in lots of electrical tape. After I got it all done, the lights are working fine.

I also like how the 80 series have predrilled holes in the ROPS for lights. I used a drain snake to run the wires inside the ROPS. My LED lights only needed one hole to hold them, so I used the other one for the wire. The only place you can see the wire is the 3 inches from the exit hole to the light, and about six inches where it leaves the bottom hole by the connectors and goes to my toggle switch. Turned out better than I thought it would. Only cost about $20 in total to do.

Jfurn1978

Equipment
BX 2380
Jun 23, 2017
Quakertown Pennsylvania
This is what I did. The three wires are a 20amp fused hot, a trigger wire from the key switch and the ground. I wired a relay under the seat and fed a 4 slot fuse block. Also they are bullet connectors. You can find them a Lowes, crimp and heat shrink, then connect and tape

Attachments

Last edited:

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
Here are pictures of what I did.
1) the connection. Just wired them together and then taped them.
2) ran the wire right beside the turning light wire, up to the prewired toggle switch.
3) took the wire into the bottom hole, and ran the wire inside the ROPS. had to take the top ROPS off to run the wire, but easy to do.
4) brought the wire out of the bottom hole of the top pair of holes. Attached the light to the top hole. All you can see is the short part of the wire. The other side is the same.
5) the finished product

Lights were $15 from Amazon. Toggle switch, $4 at Tractor Supply and I already had the wire. Basically $20 and just a little bit of time to accomplish it.

Attachments

powerram250c

Jul 5, 2018
US
Hello, just bought a BX2380 with loader and 60" mower. I'm going to tap into the wires behind the seat by 3 pt arm for rear lights. I noticed there's a couple wires under dash behind mesh screen by battery with blue tape wrapped around them. Any idea what these are for? Possibly a pigtail for a switch for the rear lights to tap into? I'll post picture tonight.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk