Stump Grinder for B2650 attachment

HJMay

Equipment
Loading,Loading,Snowblowing
Sep 22, 2015
Lyman,Me
Looking to get a 3 point stump grinder for my B2650. I was searching Internet and the ones I saw require 30hp. Do they make one for 24hp tractor? Or maybe for the front loader?

KyleH

Equipment
L45 TLB
Mar 5, 2016
Ontario
That's a nice stump grinder too, I would guess the B2650 will have a little more power to get through as well. A friend has a bx25d and you need to keep the rpms higher on it than my B2650 did or it bogs down. Even using a 4" wood chipper the B2650 had enough power to feed almost anything that fit in the opening, where the BX25D would stall at times using the same chipper on it. The B2650 is a D1305 where the BX25D is a D902, the extra displacement makes a noticeable difference in torque.

Cottonwood

Equipment
G2000. F2560
Jul 15, 2015
Courtland, MN
I just picked up the Woodland Mills grinder. Have not had a chance to use it yet. The guy I got it from bought it to do 20 poplar stumps. Of course he said it worked great. I did tend to believe him. It's built like a tank. I am gonna run it on a 955 Deere. About 30 hp.

Blake101

Sep 29, 2017
Columbus, MS
I just picked up the Woodland Mills grinder. Have not had a chance to use it yet. The guy I got it from bought it to do 20 poplar stumps. Of course he said it worked great. I did tend to believe him. It's built like a tank. I am gonna run it on a 955 Deere. About 30 hp.
How did it work out for you?

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
Interested also, how'd you like it?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
HMJ, save yourself a LOT of money and work.... buy a bag of charcoal and a pint of starter fluid (or use diesel) and chainsaw the stump as close as possible to the ground, thensoak the stump with diesel and then pile the charcoal on it, more starter fluid and set it on fire.

Oh,yeah... also required is your favorite adult beverage and a lawnchair. Do this in the morning. Go to bed at night becauase the hole-in-the-ground ain’t going no-where... but will glow embers all night and the next day, but that stump and the roots will be gone with very little labor or cost on your part.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
HMJ, save yourself a LOT of money and work.... buy a bag of charcoal and a pint of starter fluid (or use diesel) and chainsaw the stump as close as possible to the ground, thensoak the stump with diesel and then pile the charcoal on it, more starter fluid and set it on fire.

Oh,yeah... also required is your favorite adult beverage and a lawnchair. Do this in the morning. Go to bed at night becauase the hole-in-the-ground ain’t going no-where... but will glow embers all night and the next day, but that stump and the roots will be gone with very little labor or cost on your part.
You forgot the hot dogs and marshmellows.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Interested also, how'd you like it?
PA452, I bought a Woodland Mills stump grinder late last summer. Behind my B2650 it works great. there's a little learning curve to finding out how aggressive you can grind with different types of stumps. Even hard ash stumps were no contest for the grinder. Your neck can get strained after a while, so I bought a remote camera setup and installed that this winter. Hopefully that will take the strain off of having to look to the rear so much. Just haven't had the chance to try it out in real life yet.

David

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
PA452, I bought a Woodland Mills stump grinder late last summer. Behind my B2650 it works great. there's a little learning curve to finding out how aggressive you can grind with different types of stumps. Even hard ash stumps were no contest for the grinder. Your neck can get strained after a while, so I bought a remote camera setup and installed that this winter. Hopefully that will take the strain off of having to look to the rear so much. Just haven't had the chance to try it out in real life yet.

David
Thanks for the info, sounds promising.