Stump bucket

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
Does anyone have first hand experience with the Titan stump bucket? From what I read the extreme stump bucket needs more HP than my L2501. I am concerned that the front does not have the tines but has a welded straight piece. How sturdy is that? If you break a time on the extreme you can unbolt and replace. It seems that the standard one is more suited for smaller tractors and the extreme for bigger ones. My 2501 is not fitting either. Hope I’m wrong. The price point of $500 seems to good to be true.
I need to do some minor trenching for some French drains and some minor stump work. Stumps all less than 6 inches.
please share experiences.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
The part you should be concerned about is your loader frame, not the stump bucket itself. A tractor loader has very little frame support for forces pushing toward the tractor. This is every different than a skid steer where the loader arms rest against the machine in the down position (to allow significant force resistance).

Get that stump bucket and start going after stumps and you could bend your loader arms. Why not try and pull them out with a chain from the drawbar? What have you tried so far?
I suppose if you have insurance and can do without your tractor for 6 months (seems like everything takes forever to order/fix these days) then go for it! Just my opinion, take from it what you wish.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I have popped out many, many shrub stumps with the Artillian stump bucket. They were all less than 5", and it made really short work of it. I think the $500 stump bucket listed by titan at 56" deep, is too big for a tractor. Something the size of the artillian one is prob a better fit, 16" deep. Even with a stump bucket this small, there are plenty of times the tractor says "nope" while trying to work a small one out. If its bigger than 5" I grind it, a lot less work and mess.

Ive also used it to dig small drainage channels and used it to scoop dirt out where I put in railroad ties. Ive also planted countless new shrubs with it. Two scoops, insert shrub, done. It really beats a shovel.

The stump bucket from Good Works Tractor may be a good sized option too, I think his may only be 18 or so inches deep as well.

Reactions: 1 user

Goz63

Equipment
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
I have popped out many, many shrub stumps with the Artillian stump bucket. They were all less than 5", and it made really short work of it. I think the $500 stump bucket listed by titan at 56" deep, is too big for a tractor.
I agree but that is the extreme bucket at 56 in. The standard one is 41 inches. There are some reviews on the sight from L2501 owners that liked it but thought the standard would be too light. Sounds like maybe not. Definitely don’t think the extreme is the way to go. Thank you for the thoughts and what you do with yours.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I have a Titan Extreme HD Stump Bucket, I occasionally used it on my MX5800 up until I purchased a Kubota track loader SVL75. At about 500lbs this unit is meant for large tractors or skid steers / track loaders. It will do serious work on a track loader. I would not dream of putting this on my L series tractor.

I don't own the lighter weight version stump bucket (150 lbs) but have to believe that this would be a great addition for your L2501 if you plan to use it occasionally for stump removal or light trenching as you describe. Trench digging is not as neat with the angled bucket on a FEL.

The other option is to rent a mini excavator for a weekend, you will get your work done much quicker and cleaner in terms of making a nice trench. I have to admit I typically like to own these attachments as I use them over and over again. The tractor is just the beginning and eventually every tractor owner gets attachment fever ...lol.

I recently dug a couple of water trough holes with my heavy duty version titan stump bucket, it took about 30 seconds a hole!

I
Water Tub.jpg

Goz63

Equipment
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
I have a Titan Extreme HD Stump Bucket, I occasionally used it on my MX5800 up until I purchased a Kubota track loader SVL75. At about 500lbs this unit is meant for large tractors or skid steers / track loaders. It will do serious work on a track loader. I would not dream of putting this on my L series tractor.

I don't own the lighter weight version stump bucket (150 lbs) but have to believe that this would be a great addition for your L2501 if you plan to use it occasionally for stump removal or light trenching as you describe. Trench digging is not as neat with the angled bucket on a FEL.

The other option is to rent a mini excavator for a weekend, you will get your work done much quicker and cleaner in terms of making a nice trench. I have to admit I typically like to own these attachments as I use them over and over again. The tractor is just the beginning and eventually every tractor owner gets attachment fever ...lol.

I recently dug a couple of water trough holes with my heavy duty version titan stump bucket, it took about 30 seconds a hole!

I View attachment 64423
Appreciate the review! I have thought about renting the mini ex but it would cost 80% of what a stump bucket would cost and you have nothing when you are done except the work it did. Oh yeah, definitely have the implement fever. My wife has told me to slow down. Lol. Looks like I may have to put off the bucket for a bit. Just got the fertilizer spreader this week. Only had the tractor less than two months. Just see all the things I can do on our place now and you get the bug for sure. I think the Titan standard will be the way to go.
On a separate note was up your way on vacation last week in the TC area visiting family. Don’t miss the cold winters but MI in the summer is great. Beats out Mississippi heat but this winter I will be glad I am here lol.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Appreciate the review! I have thought about renting the mini ex but it would cost 80% of what a stump bucket would cost and you have nothing when you are done except the work it did. Oh yeah, definitely have the implement fever. My wife has told me to slow down. Lol. Looks like I may have to put off the bucket for a bit. Just got the fertilizer spreader this week. Only had the tractor less than two months. Just see all the things I can do on our place now and you get the bug for sure. I think the Titan standard will be the way to go.
On a separate note was up your way on vacation last week in the TC area visiting family. Don’t miss the cold winters but MI in the summer is great. Beats out Mississippi heat but this winter I will be glad I am here lol.
One thing I have learned about attachments and implements is that you don't lose a lot of money and sometimes even make a little money when you buy and sell them. So totally understand your comment about renting versus owning something. I have a lot of attachments and they all have their use, if I find I don't use a certain item I sell it. I'll sometimes buy a used version of something and if I find it really useful sometimes I will upgrade and buy a new version. Good luck with all your implements, there are many worse things in life than a little implement fever!

I spent all day in the woods today with a friend helping, we did quite a bit of cutting fallen trees, grapple work, trailer work, mowing with a brush hog, spraying and a little tilling is was a bright sunny 74C day in Up North in Michigan, saw many deer and a few bear, what a glorious escape from my normal office life!

Thanks for your comments.