Stump Bucket Grapple L4060

Hue

Equipment
Kubota L4060, box blade, stump bucket grapple, snowblower
May 17, 2019
New Brunswick Canada
Just thought I'd share this video of me taking down a Spruce tree. I'm loving this stump bucket. I've cleared about an acre so far.

Reactions: 7 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Interesting. Where'd you get that one? I've got a bunch of sweetgums amongst some pines I'm working on.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Better take the time to cover your grill guard with expanded metal. That thing is dangerous:)

Reactions: 1 user

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I had one similar to that and I used it for picking and placing boulders until I got my backhoe, then I sold it.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Yup, I just got into welding too. That will be my next project.
It's worth it they help keep stuff from damaging the front which is going to happen without some protection.
IMG_2168.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Clt1bkc

Equipment
Kubota MX5400 Rops
Jun 27, 2020
Tigerville, SC
Just thought I'd share this video of me taking down a Spruce tree. I'm loving this stump bucket. I've cleared about an acre so far.
Very nice. I could use one of those. Where did you get it?

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Very nice implement! I do wonder though how the loader arms hold up to all the abuse those buckets cause? Tractor loader arms can be bent easily as they arent really meant for digging like a bull doser. Not so much the OP but ive seen videos of these stump buckets ramming and lifting tractors off the ground trying to loosen huge stumps! I guess everything has its limitations?

Hue

Equipment
May 17, 2019
New Brunswick Canada
Very nice implement! I do wonder though how the loader arms hold up to all the abuse those buckets cause? Tractor loader arms can be bent easily as they arent really meant for digging like a bull doser. Not so much the OP but ive seen videos of these stump buckets ramming and lifting tractors off the ground trying to loosen huge stumps! I guess everything has its limitations?
I was worried about that at first. I keep it in Medium-L, and try to put no more stress on it than scooping a pile of dirt with a regular bucket. I drive the stump bucket under a root, and use the hydraulics to pry the roots up. I have been keeping an eye on the loader arms, and they look fine. Time will tell though...

Workerbee

Equipment
Zd21
Mar 1, 2020
MN
Thats a great attachment if you dont get too wild with it. It would be great for digging out good sized rocks and carrying them away too. Maybe even for placing them.
What does one of those cost?

Hue

Equipment
May 17, 2019
New Brunswick Canada
Thats a great attachment if you dont get too wild with it. It would be great for digging out good sized rocks and carrying them away too. Maybe even for placing them.
What does one of those cost?
It is great for digging/moving rocks around. I got one out of the ground that is about half the size of a smart car. Rocks are deceptively heavy. I could lift it just enough to push it around. I think I paid around $1600. It is solid though.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I just removed a pretty big oak that died from oak wilt. The trunk was 24" in diameter, way more than either of my M9's could dead pull so I borrowed my buddy's Case Magnum AWD with dual's front are rear, cut the tree down but left 10 feet of trunk. Hooked a large cable to the top of the trunk and to the drawbar and popped it like a cork. Of course I had to backfill the hole but took all of about 30 seconds to pull. I'll let the stump and root ball sit for a year, shake the dirt off and roast it in the brush pile. How I do all of them actually but most will dead pull with either of my M9's.