Strange thing happened while mowing on my Z121S Contd.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
For Missouribound:

The problem was that I hadn't been able to get to that field for a couple of months and the grass was at least 3 feet high. Even though I went slow trying to look for any debris, I didn't see that small 1/4" stick. And I am sure that if I had walked over it I still wouldn't have seen it either.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. :D

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
ZTRs arent made for bush hogging. My only debris complaint on my ZTR is the grass clippings get under the shields and need to be cleaned out regularly.

When Im out bush hogging on the tractor and a branch gets wedged where it shouldnt the only one to blame is me. This is why I dont loan out tools. Common sense is an oxymoron.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
For Missouribound:

The problem was that I hadn't been able to get to that field for a couple of months and the grass was at least 3 feet high. Even though I went slow trying to look for any debris, I didn't see that small 1/4" stick. And I am sure that if I had walked over it I still wouldn't have seen it either.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. :D
I'm thinking things got blown out of proportion on the other thread! ;)
I don't use my mower for brush, but I do have a lot of trees, sticks and stuff get blown out of them and into the yard, and yea I run them over.
It just happens!
A guard might be just what it needs, I haven't seen one of those yet so I don't know first hand.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
ZTRs arent made for bush hogging. My only debris complaint on my ZTR is the grass clippings get under the shields and need to be cleaned out regularly.

When Im out bush hogging on the tractor and a branch gets wedged where it shouldnt the only one to blame is me. This is why I dont loan out tools. Common sense is an oxymoron.

The belt Shields are the first thing I took off on my ZD mowers. I usually blow the decks off after every yard or so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL

You are right about the bush hogging and that is what I normally do, but my SIL borrowed my tractor and LP and I didn't want it turning into bushes. It was so tall and thick that one pass would not cut it

skohler

Aug 4, 2014
Gettysburg, PA
Sometimes stuff just happens. I don't "brush hog" with my ZD, but I have no reservations about cutting 3' tall grass/weeds. Sometimes a stray branch will be there and if it is not too big it gets kicked out or chopped up, not my intention and I will avoid if if I know it is there. I have a large rotary cutter for my L, but I only use it if I'm cutting a lot of heavy cover.