Steering pouring out fluid

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Best if you focus on removal and leave the rebuilding to a local independent hydraulics shop.

You may also find that bushings where the cylinder pivots need replacement
forum L2900 steering.jpg

Dave

Reactions: 1 user

Leeann Smith

Equipment
KUBOTA L2900
May 22, 2022
US
Thank you very much for getting back with me. I need to do as much as I can myself. If you do not mind, from this picture, where is the Cyclinder?
IMG_3270.jpeg

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
The Cyl is going crossways in the picture. Looking at that left hand pin, it also looks like you should have new bushings. Also the Kubota workshop manuals are great assets and really cost very little compared to the information in them. They just download as a pdf file. The first thing I would do is clean the area and verify that the leak is actually coming from the cyl and not from that hose, that also looks to be in poor condition. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 users

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
The Cyl is going crossways in the picture. Looking at that left hand pin, it also looks like you should have new bushings. Also the Kubota workshop manuals are great assets and really cost very little compared to the information in them. They just download as a pdf file. The first thing I would do is clean the area and verify that the leak is actually coming from the cyl and not from that hose, that also looks to be in poor condition. Hope this helps.
Before you do any cleaning, examine the area for a spot that has been washed clean of dirt by oil. That will be a good indication of where the leak or leaks are.

Leeann Smith

Equipment
KUBOTA L2900
May 22, 2022
US
Thank you SOOO much for your time. Do you have any suggestions on where to download a manual on a safe web site?

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
Thank you SOOO much for your time. Do you have any suggestions on where to download a manual on a safe web site?
Normally at kubotabooks.com but I don’t see yours listed.
Here’s how I got mine>>

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
WOW!!! Thank you! The color coding was SO helpful! I am searching for a manual. They are so expensive! Any suggestions on where to buy a service manual where the site is ligament?
I took my dealers service guy a blank USB stick and he gave me the workshop manual on it.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
I prefer paper copies my self, but I often photo copy the page(s) I need at the moment.
Typically ebay or messicks for sourcing them.

Leeann Smith

Equipment
KUBOTA L2900
May 22, 2022
US

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
This is a similar setup as my L35. Not exactly, but uses the large pins and bushings and keepers.
The good and bad is that yours is all covered in oil. Mine was rusted in place.
I had to use a lot of heating and beating to get the pins out. I hope yours is easier.
Do check the the pins and bushings and tie rods for excess play while in there and also the hydraulic lines.
It might get a bit expensive, but it's worth it.
Having a press is a lifesaver for the bushings.
My cylinder isn't made any longer. It was leaking and the rod was rusted.
The local hydraulic shop took it apart, brazed the rod and replaced the internals.
Best of luck to you.

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
I prefer paper copies my self, but I often photo copy the page(s) I need at the moment
I prefer the paper myself. I just print off the section I need from the cd with my 20 yr old Brother laser printer. That way if (when) you get it dirty you can just toss it.

Last edited: