Steering brakes on a B7510

Turfturd

Equipment
B7510
May 20, 2021
Missouri
Just a quick question. I have had my B7510 for about a year now and I love the little tractor. The only thing that I can say that I don’t understand is…. why did they put the steering brakes on the same side as the hydro pedal , the right side. I realize they only made this model for a few years but recently I went to my state fair. There I saw brand new kubotas with the same setup. How do you use the steering brakes and the hydrostat at the same time?
Just saying.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Just a quick question. I have had my B7510 for about a year now and I love the little tractor. The only thing that I can say that I don’t understand is…. why did they put the steering brakes on the same side as the hydro pedal , the right side. I realize they only made this model for a few years but recently I went to my state fair. There I saw brand new kubotas with the same setup. How do you use the steering brakes and the hydrostat at the same time?
Just saying.
You don't.

Same on my B1750HST.

Later model hydrostats do not have mechanical clutches with pedal on left , and brake pedals have been moved to left.

Turfturd

Equipment
B7510
May 20, 2021
Missouri
You don't.

Same on my B1750HST.

Later model hydrostats do not have mechanical clutches with pedal on left , and brake pedals have been moved to left.
Yeah that’s kinda what I thought but I wonder what purpose the steering brakes serve.
I did see a 2022 model with the same pedal setup as my 2005. I would think they would have figured that out by now.