Stealerships

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Left the dealership today after my third trip in as many days empty-handed and utterly defeated.

I was sick to my stomach when I got home and just wanted to call KCC and tell them to come get the tractor, I'm done. Tried to eat some peaches and my stomach hurt so bad I had to lay down, my stomach was in absolute knots.

I see members here who are in their 70s & 80s and I wonder how you people keep your sanity. I'm inching my way there and I'm losing my mind every day. It seems like every time I turn around the world is going totally crazy in some new way that is incomprehensible. What the hell is going on in today's society?

I was trying to buy an attachment (north of $12K) and got quoted by email. Two weeks later, sitting in the office, it's now 10% more. I don't want to 'beat up' the salesman figuring he's gotta make a little Jing so I agree to the higher price. There are 2 'attachments' side by side in the yard, one of which is pristine, the other severely weather beaten. At the 'new' price point I want the nicer item, but I'm told that I must settle for the weather-beaten one since the nice one is 'claimed' by another dealer.

I offer immediate cash but that's a no-go. I can't see paying the stiff price for a 'damaged' unit so I balk and walk. Salesman loses his sh*t, starts the yelling & arm-waving routine blaming me for being too picky.

Hours later and I'm still left dumbfounded by the whole three-day failed attempt. What an awful experience. (n)

DDCD

Equipment
1964 MF135, L2501
May 8, 2021
Oklahoma
I think a lot of people are using inflation as an excuse to gouge. Dirt work that used to cost 5,000 now costs 20,000. No, diesel did not go up that much.

It will change eventually, once more and more items are in stock. I just gave up on buying a few things and will make do with what I have for now.

Reactions: 3 users

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Left the dealership today after my third trip in as many days empty-handed and utterly defeated.

I was sick to my stomach when I got home and just wanted to call KCC and tell them to come get the tractor, I'm done. Tried to eat some peaches and my stomach hurt so bad I had to lay down, my stomach was in absolute knots.

I see members here who are in their 70s & 80s and I wonder how you people keep your sanity. I'm inching my way there and I'm losing my mind every day. It seems like every time I turn around the world is going totally crazy in some new way that is incomprehensible. What the hell is going on in today's society?

I was trying to buy an attachment (north of $12K) and got quoted by email. Two weeks later, sitting in the office, it's now 10% more. I don't want to 'beat up' the salesman figuring he's gotta make a little Jing so I agree to the higher price. There are 2 'attachments' side by side in the yard, one of which is pristine, the other severely weather beaten. At the 'new' price point I want the nicer item, but I'm told that I must settle for the weather-beaten one since the nice one is 'claimed' by another dealer.

I offer immediate cash but that's a no-go. I can't see paying the stiff price for a 'damaged' unit so I balk and walk. Salesman loses his sh*t, starts the yelling & arm-waving routine blaming me for being too picky.

Hours later and I'm still left dumbfounded by the whole three-day failed attempt. What an awful experience. (n)
I do not try to buy much of anything in this market.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Look at the bright side, you now know their true colors and have been spared future grief with these bums.

Reactions: 2 users

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
I would have walked too. I hope you can find that attachment somewhere else.

Mike

Reactions: 1 users

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Landlord here, small commercial building. I'm being "forced" into a complete renovation right now. Couldn't have picked a worse time to have to line up HVAC, electric, plumbing, GC....I'm gonna get raped.

Reactions: 1 user

nbking

Equipment
L2501HST 4X4, Rtv-x900
Jul 8, 2018
Sonora, CA
Too bad you don't know the dealer that it's being held for, you could give them a call and tell them you'll pay 5% more, for a finder's fee and you'll pick it up.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
No idea why he'd yell and scream. He'll sell it to the next person who walks in. That's the problem in this market - they don't actually need your business, they're selling every implement they can get their hands on.

I personally don't like sun faded equipment, I keep my equipment inside. But some people are just going to store it outside anyway, so makes no difference to them.

Reactions: 3 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
There are 2 'attachments' side by side in the yard, one of which is pristine, the other severely weather beaten. At the 'new' price point I want the nicer item, but I'm told that I must settle for the weather-beaten one since the nice one is 'claimed' by another dealer.
If one unit is severely weather beaten but "new" it would imply that the dealership hasn't been able to sell it. The salesman's reaction implies that sales aren't that good or he couldn't easily sell the implement to someone else. If the implement is important to you I'd talk with the owner of the dealership or the manager and work out a deal. If you're prepared to walk away that's leverage for you.

Reactions: 4 users

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Landlord here, small commercial building. I'm being "forced" into a complete renovation right now. Couldn't have picked a worse time to have to line up HVAC, electric, plumbing, GC....I'm gonna get raped.
Landlord?......You must have the patience of a Saint. Much respect (y)

My late stepfather was a landlord and he spent so much time in court chasing deadbeat, non-paying tenants it was unbelievable. He made it look like it was just a 'cost of doing business'.

I can only imagine the stress that comes with that position (Landlord); when I was offered the option to buy out my stepfather (he told me the units pay for themselves, which they do) I couldn't summons up enough toughness to make the jump. Watching his experience scared me far away from that.

Reactions: 1 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
You waited two weeks. You snooze you lose in this market.

That being said, maybe you'll find an even better deal.

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
I would have tried to get the added 10% taken back off as clearly this unit has been around the lot for a wile. Maybe even had them throw in a few cans of paint. Might not have happened as they feel their paint is like gold I guess with their Prices for it. but might be worth a shot. I’d then find a new dealer to order from in the future.
I would be more upset about the 10% then the fade I think. Although I do hate how fast kubota orange fades.
Canada got a price increase from kubota on all implements but that was a year ago kinda thing. Not recently that I’ve herd. If it has gone Up again you probably won’t see and new orange hanging off my backside.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Let the world know. Get on yelp, google, yahoo and any place that has this dealers name. Put in a review and suggest people shop elsewhere.
It will get their attention.
Send a letter to corp and let them know how unhappy you are. Include dealer and salesman name.
This will not help you but dealer may get some heat.

Kubota Tractor Corporation
Customer Satisfaction
1000 Kubota Drive
Grapevine, TX 76051

Or send letter to corp in Japan.
  • Managing Executive Officer
    Shingo Hanada
    President of Kubota North America Corporation, President of Kubota Tractor Corporation

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Send a letter to corp and let them know how unhappy you are. Include dealer and salesman name.
This will not help you but dealer may get some heat.

Kubota Tractor Corporation
Customer Satisfaction
1000 Kubota Drive
Grapevine, TX 76051
I did that, sent my message twice and called once. All I can say is GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

• Haha

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Who is the dealer and where are they located? What are you looking for?
You own them nothing after being treated like that, and if people know what the salesman and dealer are like so much the better. I wouldn't have a problem dropping a dime on an asshat like that you owe them no respect. An who knows, a lot of dealers read this site, one may have what you are looking for at a fair price and not try to gouge you.

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Landlord?......You must have the patience of a Saint. Much respect (y)

My late stepfather was a landlord and he spent so much time in court chasing deadbeat, non-paying tenants it was unbelievable. He made it look like it was just a 'cost of doing business'.

I can only imagine the stress that comes with that position (Landlord); when I was offered the option to buy out my stepfather (he told me the units pay for themselves, which they do) I couldn't summons up enough toughness to make the jump. Watching his experience scared me far away from that.
It's 100% about the tenant. You either love it and make $$$, or hate it and lose $$$, there's really no middle ground.

David L. Smith

Equipment
B7510 hsd, 5’ mower,4’ tiller,4’ brush hog. Middle plow and boom pole
Jun 10, 2021
Washingtonville,Ohio
I think a lot of people are using inflation as an excuse to gouge. Dirt work that used to cost 5,000 now costs 20,000. No, diesel did not go up that much.

It will change eventually, once more and more items are in stock. I just gave up on buying a few things and will make do with what I have for now.
Absolutely right all Sellers have adopted and use the current” Gouge ” principle business theory! It’s in every faction in our lives today!

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Absolutely right all Sellers have adopted and use the current” Gouge ” principle business theory! It’s in every faction in our lives today!
Not all. I could give a half dozen examples of businesses who have only had moderate increases, not on pace with the volatile market. They are trying to survive, not gouge.
I'm not trying to be argumentative. What I am saying is that we need to recognize and affirm businesses that are working hard to stay relatable. They are out there. There are too many stories like the one above, and not enough about the businesses/companies that are trying to survive and honestly serve the customer.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Don't blame it all on the sellers. Every buyer is looking for a bargain, it's human nature in a free enterprise society. Have you ever got on a forum and bragged about how much you overpaid for something? ;)