Starter part # for Kubota l245dt

Colin Fischer

Equipment
kubota l245dt
Jun 1, 2022
Washington State
Hey all,

Wondering if any of you know the part number for a Kubota l245dt starter.

Tractor has a brand new fully charged battery, recent solenoid, cables/ground/connections look fine.

The starter itself is clicking when I attempt to start. Jumped the solenoid with a screwdriver, starter still won't turn but kinda tries (clicking but not from solenoid, from the starter itself).

Unless anyone has another idea, i will purchase a new starter once I have the part number... So I can finish planting my garlic!

I appreciate the help.

-Colin
IMG_20221125_134135932.jpg

kevinj

Equipment
L3940hstc - B7500hst - BX1860 - Farmall 560D - Farmall M
Jun 4, 2018
Michigan
Ya need to check for proper voltage at the starter under load.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You can look up part numbers at Kubota USA

15321-96160 is the number they show

Reactions: 1 user

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
The one Matt posted is a great replacement. It is the new type gear reduction. I have installed a lot of them. I would replace both battery cables if you have not done so. I use 2/0 cable and a group 24 battery and these tractors start great. Sometimes we add a starter relay to the system also .

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You could have a voltage drop because of bad/dirty connection between starter mount bolts and engine. Check voltages under load. You can unbolt it, clean all the metal and put back on.

JerryMT

Equipment
Kubota M4500, NH TD95D,Ford 4610
Jun 17, 2017
The Palouse - North Idaho
Hey all,

Wondering if any of you know the part number for a Kubota l245dt starter.

Tractor has a brand new fully charged battery, recent solenoid, cables/ground/connections look fine.

The starter itself is clicking when I attempt to start. Jumped the solenoid with a screwdriver, starter still won't turn but kinda tries (clicking but not from solenoid, from the starter itself).

Unless anyone has another idea, i will purchase a new starter once I have the part number... So I can finish planting my garlic!

I appreciate the help.

-Colin View attachment 91211
Before you replace the starter, make sure the battery cables and especially the grounds are tight and bright.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
What value is there in adding a relay to the starter replacement?
The wire to the solenoid from the key switch often goes through several safety switches on newer tractors and should still deliver enough power to the solenoid to start the tractor. But often there is enough voltage drop that the starter won’t work due to the solenoid not working.

Putting a relay with power supply directly from the battery to relay to the solenoid will supply the necessary power when the relay is switched with the key even if it doesn’t have enough power to the solenoid. It would still have enough power to activate the relay.

I doubt that the tractor above (L245) has but one safety switch in the circuit so probably not necessary to do the new relay but it would not hurt anything