SSQA bucket for B series recommendation

drewzee87t

Equipment
L45 TLB, B2910 Turbo
May 20, 2016
misery
I am in process of waiting on parts to put a quick attach on my LA402 loader. I need to either find someone to convert my old 54" bucket or get a new bucket. Since I am running a "small" loader and will be putting a QA on it, I am concerned with weight.

Who has added SSQA to a B series and what bucket is recommended? I am looking at one from MTL and one from Titan. Both are approx same price for a 60" but I am not sure about if they will be too heavy or if one or the other is better? The one I have now is 54" and it's very thin material. It has no hooks welded on and PO bent it using the level gauge as a hook. I am leaning towards just setting it aside and replacing it as opposed to trying to convert it.

Opinions? I have a guy that I think can convert the old one but I am not sure if I should bother. Also, would it be correct assumption that you have to have a bucket attached in order to remove/re-attach the loader? Logically, I guess I must have a bucket when I detach the loader as opposed to nothing or a grapple attached.

Thanks for the advice.

Cumbres

Equipment
B2910
Jun 4, 2019
Andale, KS
I will be curious how your project turns out. I have also considered changing my B2910 but wasn't sure how much loader capacity I would lose. I often push the limit of what it will pick up now and am not sure I would be happy with any decrease. but having a nice set of pallet forks or a grapple would be really nice too. Please update your project after you complete it.

Reactions: 1 user

drewzee87t

Equipment
L45 TLB, B2910 Turbo
May 20, 2016
misery
I went with the EA one after more research. It's the lightest and the nicest of those I researched.

I already installed the 3rd function and should be about a month out on my grapple from EA. The bucket and forks I got are out 8-10 weeks so this will be a couple seconds...

Reactions: 2 users