Sprayer

MFFI422

Equipment
BX2380 -Drive Over Mower Deck- LP Tiller - FEL - LP Box Blade - LP QH - Canopy
Jun 10, 2020
Arkansas
Well. Used mine today. Used 50 gallons of Eraser. If it looked at me wrong...I sprayed it! No issues. Not sure of other boom but the three on mine have an "on", "off" and "service" position. They also move (click) up and down in 15° increments.

houser52

Equipment
Kubota M7060HD, Kubota L3600, LA680 Loader
Jul 10, 2015
North Carolina
Thanks for posting info on your sprayer. I've been looking at sprayers for awhile but still not sure which one would be better for me.

How many acres do you think you covered with that 50 gallons? How did the boom less perform? Any other info would be appreciated.

Thanks

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Don't forget to flush it out. You can buy the high dollar tank cleaner or use Dawn dish soap and water (I do), works fine)
Thanks for posting info on your sprayer. I've been looking at sprayers for awhile but still not sure which one would be better for me.

How many acres do you think you covered with that 50 gallons? How did the boom less perform? Any other info would be appreciated.

Thanks

One thing to keep in mind and that is, coverage (acres sprayed) is entirely dependent on the chemical used and the recommended rate of dispersal listed on the enclosed MSDS sheets attached to every container of herbicide / pesticide or innoculant. Too little equals poor performance, too much equals waste.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I took a gander at the 'Eraser' MSDS sheet online. I see it's basically a non selective Glyphosate derivative, IOW, generic., non Monsanto mix. The tank rates are listed in the PDF file that is online.

I would definitely clean and flush the tank, hose and pump with a solution of Dawn dishwash detergent and water followed by a clear water rinse until no sudsing is achieved.

Application rates will be the same as any 41% Glyphosate herbicide.

Hope you applied it on a calm day. Wind drift with any Glyphosate herbicide can be extremely detrimental to surrounding desirable foliage and trees.

The one thing I don't like about my boomless sprayer. The nozzle height is too high and the dispersal angle of the nozzles really isn't a good combination for herbicide / pesticide application. It's fine for a liquid fertilizer application or a foliar innoculant. Any wind and it's 'curtains' for surrounding plant life.

Myself, I use quite a bit of 2-4-D (B) to control invasive weeds in alfalfa and broomgrass hayfields but I apply it with a boom sprayer with the spray tips no higher than 15" above the ground to mitigate any drift.

MFFI422

Equipment
BX2380 -Drive Over Mower Deck- LP Tiller - FEL - LP Box Blade - LP QH - Canopy
Jun 10, 2020
Arkansas
Great info. I did not use any dawn. Now I know I should have. I used the water hose inside for a good 5 minutes, rinsing the entire tank with the drain plug off. Then filled it with about 25 gallons of water and used the boom and wand to empty it. Took forever! Lol. Wondering if I should redo it now. If weather holds. And on the acreage question, no idea. I'm sure I went with the latter...waste. learning. lol