Spam or Legit

ETRon

Equipment
M6040
Aug 4, 2010
Tellico Plains, TN
I noticed today there is in every thread I looked at a empty message by OTT.COM stating "sponsored link". Just wanted to know is this legit, a true sponsor for the site at some level or are we being spammed?

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
I noticed today there is in every thread I looked at a empty message by OTT.COM stating "sponsored link". Just wanted to know is this legit, a true sponsor for the site at some level or are we being spammed?
I noticed this as well,The adds showing in the post are of items that I have been searcing for on google.
10 minutes ago I was looking for a drive belt for a mower and as soon as I logged on to OTT there was a link to drive belts:( I think I'll go and run spybot!!
Dave

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hey guys - Mr. K here.

The Sponsored Links you are seeing are actually just ads that have already been there in one way or another - you just may have not noticed them before because they were sized and positioned differently.

Part of the reason you see ads for things you have been searching for recently is because you have tracking cookies on your computer that tells Google (among other companies) what you have been searching for. They then use that data to send you targeted ads. Pretty smart concept really and I suppose that is why Google is #1 at what they do.

Regarding site sponsors - yes, we are working toward that. We have to pay to keep the lights on in here! :D