Southern attachments

kcs

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Jan 9, 2021
Virginia
I’m looking for a rotary cutter for my B2650. I found someone selling Southern attachments. Can anyone tell me if these are any good. Don’t know the price. Person wasn’t home to ask any questions. Also can I go with a 6’. Or do I need to stay with a 5’. Thanks for any help with this

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Assuming you are seeking a 3-point rotary cutter, your machine would be able to spin a 6' (72" is the standard descriptive term) but it would perform better with the 5' (60") cutter.

The weight of the implement is a serious factor to consider; any 72" rear cutter is going to 'feel' heavy for your machine (imo) but there's probably members here who will tell you to go for it.

If your'e going to acquire one, I'd recommend the 60" in a known brand so that replacement parts and/or service is readily available. Some of those brands would include Land Pride, Woods, and perhaps a few others. I've never heard of Southern Attachments, but whatever you choose good luck and show us when you get it! :) (y)

kcs

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Jan 9, 2021
Virginia
Assuming you are seeking a 3-point rotary cutter, your machine would be able to spin a 6' (72" is the standard descriptive term) but it would perform better with the 5' (60") cutter.

The weight of the implement is a serious factor to consider; any 72" rear cutter is going to 'feel' heavy for your machine (imo) but there's probably members here who will tell you to go for it.

If your'e going to acquire one, I'd recommend the 60" in a known brand so that replacement parts and/or service is readily available. Some of those brands would include Land Pride, Woods, and perhaps a few others. I've never heard of Southern Attachments, but whatever you choose good luck and show us when you get it! :) (y)
Yes parts and service is my concern. I just saw these in a guys yard with a for sale sign on them and was wondering about them. My dealer has an LP for $1900 and a Woods for $3000

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I just saw a Southern box scraper for sale; it is advertised as made by Titan, marketed by Southern.

kcs

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Jan 9, 2021
Virginia
I just saw a Southern box scraper for sale; it is advertised as made by Titan, marketed by Southern.
Do you know which Titan it’s made by? Isn’t there a cheap China made Titan. And then a USA better built Titan

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
The Woods models I have seen online sure look heavy-duty, I'd be wondering what the difference in weight between them and a comparable LP model would be.

If there's a quick hitch involved I'd be leaning to the LP thinking it would be more likely to be a trouble-free fit.

kcs

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Jan 9, 2021
Virginia
The Woods models I have seen online sure look heavy-duty, I'd be wondering what the difference in weight between them and a comparable LP model would be.

If there's a quick hitch involved I'd be leaning to the LP thinking it would be more likely to be a trouble-free fit.
Yeah the LP is the way I’m going. My dealer has a Woods with a slip clutch and an LP with a shear bolt. The Woods is $1,000 more than the LP

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Do you know which Titan it’s made by? Isn’t there a cheap China made Titan. And then a USA better built Titan
Titan Attachments is the Chinese one, and Titan Implements makes the good stuff but recently changed their name to IronCraft.

minthral

Equipment
Kubota L47
Nov 22, 2021
NC
I saw this 'southern' brand on dealer lot, however there is literally no info about available online. I think it's rebranded china stuff because of how cheap they are willing to sell it for...I was looking for landpride and dealer had southern saying 'you're saving so much money,' which I'm not going to lie the prices were appealing. The stuff didn't look poorly build, but I wouldn't call it heavy duty.

Last edited: