Source for used BX parts?

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
Hi all,

The right hand lift link for my mower deck got bent and twisted last year. I was able to get it almost straight and use it for the rest of the year and beginning of this year. Unfortunately, since it was still slightly twisted/bent it has gotten worse over time and has become twisted enough that I had to unbolt the lift are to remove the mower deck.

Part is over $300 new. Found one on ebay for a little over $200, but was hoping to find a good used one cheaper.

Anyone have a good source for used BX parts?

For reference it is #140 in the illustration below.
KubotaLiftArm.PNG

Dave Ogren

Equipment
BX23S w/FEL &BH &60" Mowing Deck, 48" Dirty Dog Box Blade, 48" Tar River Tiller,
Feb 16, 2022
Asheville, N. C.
Go to a fab shop. They can fix it right or fab a new one.

Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Go to a fab shop. They can fix it right or fab a new one.
I am in this camp as well. But the question remains as to why the part bent to begin with.

If you know it was abuse of some kind, then you have the answer and just need to bring it back to factory standards.

If there is another issue, buying a replacement may just end up giving you two bent parts...look carefully at what is going on.

Reactions: 1 user

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
I am in this camp as well. But the question remains as to why the part bent to begin with.

If you know it was abuse of some kind, then you have the answer and just need to bring it back to factory standards.

If there is another issue, buying a replacement may just end up giving you two bent parts...look carefully at what is going on.
It was abused. Without the deck on the height was not set to "Top", so the arm was hanging down. It got caught up and bent while the FEL was being used.

Lesson learned

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
It was abused. Without the deck on the height was not set to "Top", so the arm was hanging down. It got caught up and bent while the FEL was being used.

Lesson learned
Bummer but this can very easily happen to anyone! Outrageous price on even used so this tells you it happens quite often.

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
Bummer but this can very easily happen to anyone! Outrageous price on even used so this tells you it happens quite often.
The price kinda shocked me. I have found most other parts I have needed were reasonably priced. Not sure why these are $$$

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
The price kinda shocked me. I have found most other parts I have needed were reasonably priced. Not sure why these are $$$
Because a lot of people forget there down.. and like in your case, they are needed to get their mmm back on. As you.. if it's fixable I'll do my best but sometimes you just have to get new or fab. This is where manufactures and scalpers take advantage.. not all can or want to take the time to try and repair if possible. That's my take anyways!😏 Good luck with it hopefully you can find a good used one.