Sound coming from 60" MMM deck on LX2610

HowardTractor

Equipment
LX2610, B2372, PFL1242, STB10, RCK60-30BB, RB1560, PD10, WC68, RCR1260
Feb 9, 2021
Pennsylvania
Does anyone know the tightening torque for the drain plug, check plug, or oil filter plug of the RCK-60. The manual provides the torque for everything that needs to be assembled, but not these which are already assembled and need to be later removed.

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
I don't have the spces but I would just go good n' snug on those. No need to go gorilla tight.

HowardTractor

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
Pennsylvania
Alright. I greased everything and checked the gear oil. I got the mower deck reattached and the deck adjusted properly to cut the lawn at 3". I'm starting to get the hang of it. But it is a pain to get the deck on and off on my gravel driveway. I heard someone saying that they are able to drive up to the deck, reach the FEL over top, push up the front tires with the bucket and slide the deck in from the front. I might give that a try. I also am leaving a lot of heavy clippings on the lawn. I need to figure out a way to get those small, and spread out enough not to kill the grass underneath. That is probably a matter of not cutting too much at once and technique. Any suggestions (thanks)?

PNWBXer

Equipment
BX2380
Feb 24, 2020
Washington
Alright. I greased everything and checked the gear oil. I got the mower deck reattached and the deck adjusted properly to cut the lawn at 3". I'm starting to get the hang of it. But it is a pain to get the deck on and off on my gravel driveway. I heard someone saying that they are able to drive up to the deck, reach the FEL over top, push up the front tires with the bucket and slide the deck in from the front. I might give that a try. I also am leaving a lot of heavy clippings on the lawn. I need to figure out a way to get those small, and spread out enough not to kill the grass underneath. That is probably a matter of not cutting too much at once and technique. Any suggestions (thanks)?

Probably need to cut more often. Or you can go over the clippings again until they disappear.

Did the sound go away after you checked/lubed everything?

HowardTractor

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
Pennsylvania
Probably need to cut more often. Or you can go over the clippings again until they disappear.

Did the sound go away after you checked/lubed everything?
The sound seems to have gone away. At least I haven't noticed it recently. At this point I am not sure of the exact cause / fix since I was trying a few different adjustments.

Reactions: 1 user

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
I finally got the deck on mine and used my secret decoder ring to set the height adjustments. One other thing mentioned in the manual is to set the 3 point position control so the lower links do not go below level when lowered.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

lostboy

Equipment
lx2610
Jan 1, 2021
OK
I finally got the deck on mine and used my secret decoder ring to set the height adjustments. One other thing mentioned in the manual is to set the 3 point hitch stop so the lower links do not go below level.
Thanks for the information. I will do that next time.

802Driver

Equipment
LX2610SU 60" Bucket Land Pride54" Box Blade Farm King 4572 Rear Blade
May 18, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
You could try laying an old sheet of plywood down under your tractor for a lot more ease of connecting/dis-connecting.

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
You could try laying an old sheet of plywood down under your tractor for a lot more ease of connecting/dis-connecting.
Make sure it's an old sheet because you may need to remortgage the house for a new one 😉

HowardTractor

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
Pennsylvania
Thanks for this idea. I used this plywood trick in conjunction with raising the front end up by pushing the bucket into the ground, and this has made life much easier.

HowardTractor

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
Pennsylvania
In general, I am now able to get the deck on and off, and maintained pretty well. Thanks for all the advice. One thing I still find a little annoying are those little metal clips which hold the arms used to raise and lower the deck when not in use. That could have been better engineered.

I do have some trouble moving the deck around to work on it. I have seen a thing called a mower deck dolly, which looks like it might be useful. Now I lug the deck up onto a pallet and move it into the garage with forks. I won't be able to do that kind of lifting for too many more years.

I also found a technique which is helping a bit with excess grass clumping I was having. Previously I was trying to maximize the amount of grass I cut by using the majority of the deck to cut a swath of grass. But by cutting fresh grass with just a little over half of the deck, the mower is processing the cuttings better and leaving less clumps. I will continue to refine.