Some ideas

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK I am looking for ideas to store the grapple so I can move it around and store it and the same for the bucket. I have a couple ideas bouncing around, but I would like to see what others have come up with

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Critical question: on concrete, dirt, inside or outside??

If inside on concrete, assortment of mover's dollies will work for bucket. Don't know about a grapple, but maybe 3 would work. Outside a different story.

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021
It seems very obvious to me that best method for storing your grapple would be at my place in my shop. I'll keep it dry and safe for you to use anytime you need it. I'll even be happy to try it out once and a while just to make sure its always in tip top shape and ready for you to use. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I store my grapple outside. I have an old PU truck tire laying out on the ground. I center the grapple on the tire and plug in the quick connects into each other. Sets up out of the dirt and easy to hook up. Been doing it for two years.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I'm building a mini lean-to style shed using a ginormous pallet for a base. One for my Land Pride RCD1884 cutter and one for the grapple. Also doubles as a place of refuge from the elements for breaks and lunch.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Mine is sitting outside on the pallet the dealer delivered it on. Seems to work ok.

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Skeets
Bird dogger made a really nice metal cart for his grapple on one of the fabrication forum. If I can figure out how to post the link, I’ll include it here.
I plan to cobble a less elaborate wood one on a movers dolly to roll my grapple around the shop. I’ll post pics when I get around to cobbling it together
Regards

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Pretty clear the pic isn’t a grapple but it’s an example of what I do with all the implements except a couple of rarely used ones that live in the dirt floor shed. It’s also an example of being able to easily put an 800lb implement in a small slot in the back of the shop where I couldn’t get the tractor if I had to. The chipper came on a swell steel pallet it’s custom fitted to, so I just stuck the casters on the pallet.

For the bucket and grapple, an appropriate size piece of plywood with a 2x4 rim on the bottom and some decent casters makes them easy in and off even without quick hitch and allows moving them around in the shop. If no scrap to use, costs about $50/dolly, which is fine with me for the functionality they provide. If you have a vertical style grapple you might have to build some sort of vertical support on a dolly to kind of hang it on but that shouldn’t be very difficult. I have found the steel wheeled casters work very well on smooth concrete and are relatively cost effective.
0F738492-26E5-4B19-A60A-EA712A17ACFF.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
use a section of industrial racking, 1st beams 4" off the ground, or shop floor, 2nd, 3rd just high enough to clear the implement or attachment.use 11' wide racking and center areas store tractor supplies like oil,grease, greasegun, spares, etc.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
My storage is limited. When I built my shed, I made a steel frame "shelf" in the end opposite the door. In Winter, the RFM sits on the shelf. The loader bucket is tucked in against the wall, and the snow plow gets parked just about against the bucket. In the Summer, the snow plow goes on the shelf, and the loader w/ bucket attached goes under it. The RFM is attached to the tractor then.

Placing the snow plow on the frame is easy because it's on an SSQA plate. Disconnect the 3rd function hoses, flip the two levers, set it on the frame and back away. Placing the RFM isn't much more difficult. I grab its frame w/ slings and chains using the FEL. The picture below is doing the same kind of lifting with the previous tractor and the RFM I had for it.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Skeets
Bird dogger made a really nice metal cart for his grapple on one of the fabrication forum. If I can figure out how to post the link, I’ll include it here.
I plan to cobble a less elaborate wood one on a movers dolly to roll my grapple around the shop. I’ll post pics when I get around to cobbling it together
Regards
Thanks for the compliment, Ping! Here's that link to my grapple dolly build (still working great!):
55" EA Wicked Root Grapple Dolly | OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota
Here's a couple of pics from that build thread:
Dolly Side View.JPG DSC06188 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
As GreenvilleJay says industrial racking works great for either interior or exterior. It comes up for sale on Craigslist and other sites. If using outside it's easy to add some tin for cover. Wherever you place the rack it needs to properly anchored.