Solutions to prevent crunching tail lights on L2501 with my QH15

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I've hit it a few times with the handles up on the QH, but this time, I cracked just below the tail light on one side. it still works. On the other side, I hit the bulb hard enough or far enough to stop it from working. Curiously, the bracket seems fine on that side. ;). I'm thinking maybe just rotate the handles 90 degrees.

Anyway, what are your taillight solutions to keep the QH from damaging your newer L series taillights or bulbs?

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
Adjust top link out. May or may not be best solution depending on implement being used.

Or put bolt in the upper position of 3pt lever as a limit stop.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I think my problem is that I need different top link settings for different implements. My blade vs my rotary cutter vs my rear blade are all different. Also, the stop is dependent on the implement as well.

I could move the stop based on the implement. Thanks for your response. I appreciate it.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
The Canadian guy and his wife who are popular here with their aftermarket "mods" (modifications) sell nice steel light protectors for many Kubota models. I figured I would wait until I destroyed one of mine (probably soon) before ordering a set. Someone will no doubt chime in with further contact info. Good luck-might help.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Thanks. I have seen those, but I figure I'd have to break a few to pay for the guard that protects back and bottom. That's cool, but I can't imagine the case of hitting the rear from behind when I have an implement on.

I'm not that cheap. I bought guards to prevent disabling. I bought guards for the hydro filters/fuel filters and bought a grill guard. I think I might make my own guard for the lights since just protecting the bottom isn't a big effort. I just have to look to see where I can attach it.

Reactions: 1 user