Sold the tractor and bought something better

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Sold my old L345DT in one day of advertising locally and now ive upgraded to a kubota powered skidsteer. (actually compact track loader)

Tractor just wasnt cutting it for what i need now. Ive been looking at skidsteers for a year. Found a decent deal on this Bobcat T300, 81hp Kubota Turbo.

T300 bringing it home from Boston.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Dayum -you’re gonna love that!!

Great find . (y)

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Sold my old L345DT in one day of advertising locally and now ive upgraded to a kubota powered skidsteer. (actually compact track loader)

Tractor just wasnt cutting it for what i need now. Ive been looking at skidsteers for a year. Found a decent deal on this Bobcat T300, 81hp Kubota Turbo.

View attachment 72868
Guess it depends on what your needs are...looks good though!

Curious...do skid steers have a 3PH? I would have to sell all my 3PH implements too if I unloaded my tractors...My weakness is that I only want to add, and never want to subtract...

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
Thanks guys. Henro no 3ph or pto. Instead it has front mount aux hydraulics so it runs implements with hydraulic power and those implements attach to the loader arms.

I just didnt need a tractor anymore as i was only using it as a loader and forklift. Mower duties of the tractor went to a dedicated mower (Exmark zeroturn) and that got the job done in half the time of tractor. And it wasnt able to lift enough weight really. I like heavy stuff. My new skid has a tip weight of like 8000lbs

And the tracks means i wont sink in wet stuff like my tractor would do. Just made more sense for me.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Motion - - just a guess your tractor had 6-8 gpm hydraulic pump, and that skidsteer is 25 gpm or so?

I know the implements for them are pricey, but very stout...

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Guess it depends on what your needs are...looks good though!

Curious...do skid steers have a 3PH? I would have to sell all my 3PH implements too if I unloaded my tractors...My weakness is that I only want to add, and never want to subtract...
tractor attachments are like guns, you can never have enough and none of mine are for sale lol

notforhire

Equipment
Kubota L47
Dec 5, 2019
Meadows of Dan VA.
I was on the fence between buying a similar model Bobcat or my L47. If you are doing mostly loader work skid steers are great. I still had mowing and 3PH tasks to do so I stayed with a tractor.
Since I work alone most of the time, I find that I have to get off the machine to adjust slings etc. while the loader is raised.
You should never do that with a skid steer!
I would love to have a tracked machine like yours along with my tractor though. Like the man said, it depends what your needs are.:)

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Thanks guys. Henro no 3ph or pto. Instead it has front mount aux hydraulics so it runs implements with hydraulic power and those implements attach to the loader arms.

I just didnt need a tractor anymore as i was only using it as a loader and forklift. Mower duties of the tractor went to a dedicated mower (Exmark zeroturn) and that got the job done in half the time of tractor. And it wasnt able to lift enough weight really. I like heavy stuff. My new skid has a tip weight of like 8000lbs

And the tracks means i wont sink in wet stuff like my tractor would do. Just made more sense for me.
Congratulations on that find and for figuring out what you need and don't need. I tried making the point in another thread about "expectations" and "use" when it comes to tractors and ruffled someone's feathers. Skidsteers are massively more capable than our tractors for so many tasks. I'd like to have an excavator, a Skidsteer, a big tractor, a small tractor, a zero turn mower, a side by side and a bunch of other tools, but often we have to settle for a Swiss army knife that is a jack of all trades but master of none. I really like the MX tractors I have but I'm aware of their limitations.

I'm always looking on Craigslist for deals but those seem to be few and far between these days.

Reactions: 1 users

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
I briefly thought of a skid steer when I was looking at tractors back in 2019. Honestly, if you dont need a PTO, or a 3 pt. hitch and are mostly need something for lots of FEL work, you cant really beat a good skidsteer. Ive rented them a few times, back before I got my tractor. They feel like little tanks, and for their size just have a lot of power. Enjoy it :)

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
Motion - - just a guess your tractor had 6-8 gpm hydraulic pump, and that skidsteer is 25 gpm or so?

I know the implements for them are pricey, but very stout...
I think my old tractor was less gpm than that and it barely ran the aftermarket loader., couldnt operate 2 functions at once. Yeah the T300 is like 22 gpm, and its not even "high flow" . 3 pumps, one dedicated to the loader and auxillary and one for each drive motor.

One big advantage too is 4.2lbs per square inch ground pressure as apposed to like 35 or so for my old tractor.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
Congratulations on that find and for figuring out what you need and don't need. I tried making the point in another thread about "expectations" and "use" when it comes to tractors and ruffled someone's feathers. Skidsteers are massively more capable than our tractors for so many tasks. I'd like to have an excavator, a Skidsteer, a big tractor, a small tractor, a zero turn mower, a side by side and a bunch of other tools, but often we have to settle for a Swiss army knife that is a jack of all trades but master of none. I really like the MX tractors I have but I'm aware of their limitations.

I'm always looking on Craigslist for deals but those seem to be few and far between these days.
When i first started looking i was hoping to find something for less than 10k$ But i quickly found you dont buy much of a skidsteer for that money. And the only track loaders for that money have been in fires or have no engine.

I could have bought a brand new tractor for what i paid for this.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
When i first started looking i was hoping to find something for less than 10k$ But i quickly found you dont buy much of a skidsteer for that money. And the only track loaders for that money have been in fires or have no engine.

I could have bought a brand new tractor for what i paid for this.
Yep - - and there's a proper tool for every job.

If a skid steer is the proper tool, that brand new tractor wouldn't have the capability you need either. It's really comparing apples and oranges.

That's when/if you can get a new tractor.

The used Skid Steer is in the shop and ready to go.

Sounds like a wise choice....;)

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have an SSQA plate with a three point adapter on it, so yes you can run three point implements on a skidsteer! ;)

There is also a SSQA plate with a PTO drive motor built into it for that use too.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
there may come a time when you wish you had the tractor back, but that goes with any tool 'upgrade'.

personally I hate CTL's but I had to work on them so I'm kinda biased. They do a good job for what they are designed for just no fun to work on. If you are used to working on them, no big deal. I just never got used to it.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I have an SSQA plate with a three point adapter on it, so yes you can run three point implements on a skidsteer! ;)

There is also a SSQA plate with a PTO drive motor built into it for that use too.

I agree and have the attachments too. The skid steers are great little machines. We have utility tractors for farming and skid steers for loader work. Compact tractors have their place I guess but the couple we had we were disappointed in and soon traded for something more suited to our needs. :)