Snowblowing and working music, what’s your playlist?

0xACE

Equipment
BX1500, BX23S
Jul 16, 2022
Maine
I’m already thinking about winter and snowblowing. Now that I’ve got a tractor with a heated cab with a set of 3m workntunes headphones, I’ve got to start making my winter work mix tape! (Yes I might be showing my age there)

So here’s my question, what’s your playlist? What’s your snowblowing jam tunes? What’s your backhoe-ing mix?

I’m thinking AC/DC might just get me in trouble, but I might fall asleep to the Eagles. Maybe The Clash?

Reactions: 1 user

Code

Equipment
l3301, fel, lp boxblade, 12" lp auger, lp bush hog, z421 zt, lawnvac leaf vac
Dec 19, 2020
Central, Va
Theres a youtube artist called danheim that does viking type music. Im freaking hooked on that when out working.

hes on spotify deezer etc. I went down the rabbit hole and looked at related artist and now have a 400 song viking playlist. My gf seems to think I have a very weird taste in music. But she does call me a viking on a tractor so ive got that going for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

0xACE

Equipment
BX1500, BX23S
Jul 16, 2022
Maine
Theres a youtube artist called danheim that does viking type music. Im freaking hooked on that when out working.

hes on spotify deezer etc. I went down the rabbit hole and looked at related artist and now have a 400 song viking playlist. My gf seems to think I have a very weird taste in music. But she does call me a viking on a tractor so ive got that going for me.
dude. 30 seconds in and I can already tell this one’s a winner for working. I feel like I’m going to need outdoor speakers instead of headphones for it!

Bonus, always good to have the significant other think of you as a Viking!

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
I bounce between metal and various podcasts. The Clash is a good choice as well. Brand New Cadillac might have me start going a little too crazy.

Reactions: 2 users

Code

Equipment
Dec 19, 2020
Central, Va
In a strange way its very calming to me. Its also my chill music. If you want more suggestions let me know.

hmm. Check out wardruna too. Singer is a former metalhead

dude. 30 seconds in and I can already tell this one’s a winner for working. I feel like I’m going to need outdoor speakers instead of headphones for it!

Code

Equipment
Dec 19, 2020
Central, Va
Its also awesome on my house rattling speakers. Im about a year into this genre and its really hard to listen to other music. Just something about it.

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan

Metalhead 🤘

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Its also awesome on my house rattling speakers. Im about a year into this genre and its really hard to listen to other music. Just something about it.
I dig those, reminds me of the TV series Vikings & God of War game soundtrack. Real chill but also good to work to.

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
BLACKBERRY SMOKE

Found a YouTube video of this band and I've been listening to them EVER SINCE.

Within 2 months of discovering them I had purchased all of their albums, and a few t-shirts as well.

They call their music southern rock; it's some of the best original American-band music I've ever heard.

;)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
classic rock ..........

from AC-DC to ZZ top

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I’m already thinking about winter and snowblowing. Now that I’ve got a tractor with a heated cab with a set of 3m workntunes headphones, I’ve got to start making my winter work mix tape! (Yes I might be showing my age there)

So here’s my question, what’s your playlist? What’s your snowblowing jam tunes? What’s your backhoe-ing mix?

I’m thinking AC/DC might just get me in trouble, but I might fall asleep to the Eagles. Maybe The Clash?
When operating equipment, I listen to the equipment rather than music.

Reactions: 4 users

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.

I am an old rocker, 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s. SRV, Hendrix, Zepplin, Eagles, and everything else you can think of. I have blown a 1/4 mile driveway, north south, since 1985. Last year was my first year with the LX3310. It cannot be stated in words the feeling of being out in an absolute blizzard inside of that cozy WARM cab having a beverage and rocking out to the classics. I am in the northern lower peninsula of MI.

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Not bashing wanting “tunes” while working but for myself, I tune in to the whirring/whining/spinning sounds of the machines I am working…I get pleasure from this. As for music, there’s usually something running through my head from 60 minutes or 60 years ago! 😂

Snowman7

Equipment
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
I am an old rocker, 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s. SRV, Hendrix, Zepplin, Eagles, and everything else you can think of. I have blown a 1/4 mile driveway, north south, since 1985. Last year was my first year with the LX3310. It cannot be stated in words the feeling of being out in an absolute blizzard inside of that cozy WARM cab having a beverage and rocking out to the classics. I am in the northern lower peninsula of MI.
You will only be able to relate if you have blown snow on an open station tractor for 35 years.

Snowman7

Equipment
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
Not bashing wanting “tunes” while working but for myself, I tune in to the whirring/whining/spinning sounds of the machines I am working…I get pleasure from this. As for music, there’s usually something running through my head from 60 minutes or 60 years ago! 😂
On the LX you will go crazy listening to the hydro whine. I am at 145 hours and it is as bad as hour 1. With the exception of the whine, I love this tractor.

• Haha

0xACE

Equipment
BX1500, BX23S
Jul 16, 2022
Maine
I can relate to the no-headphones or "listen to the equipment" idea. I've had an open station for 20+ years and have never worn headphones when working before. I'm super paranoid around any equipment.

The BX23S does have a loud whine and the cab amplifies it to where I am worried about long-term damage; especially in the winter when the doors are on and it's all closed up. I doubt I'd have the tunes loud enough to cut out all the machine noise, otherwise I'd just be doing the same damage I was trying to avoid.

Thanks for that bit of feedback and knowledge though. It is worth paying attention to!

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I didn't read all the replies. When I mow (but not snowblow), I usually listen to AC/DC on my iPod.
Snowblowing usually takes place early in the morning (or after supper) dark, and stormy sometimes....
I am often tired and whatnot, so to keep my wits about me, no tunes.

That's just me.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Working on anything.....old school punk (Minor Threat, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, etc) or newer metal.
Driving.... everything from Blondie and the B52s to Ramstein and The Ramones