Snowblower rotation... Help

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I am having issues with chute rotation. The chute will only move when i pull the control lever towards me (left). If I switch the hoses top to bottom it will rotate back the other way. But again this is when i pull the lever toward me. When I push the lever away I can see the hoses loading up but the chute does not move. I also tried swapping the chute connectors with the up/down outlets on the manifold and the chute moved just fine. Also I hooked the up/down connectors to the chute connections on the manifold and it went up and down just fine. Any help with this issue would be appreciated.. The tractor is a Kubota B3000 and the hydraulic manifold has 4 ports, 2 top and 2 bottom. Like the dots on the #4 side of a die (From a set of dice). Thank you
Tried to find an operators manual with no success. I did find a parts manual for a LA402 loader which is what is listed for a B3000 and it looks like the bucket spool msy have a fourth position. See if the joystick can be moved past the bucket dump position in the same way you do to get float on the boom.

Dan

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
To operate your spout rotation, pulling lever towards you, your valve only has one position. Pushing it away from you, the valve has 2 positions. The first one is easy to get the handle into, but the second one takes more effort to get the handle into and is the one that actually makes the spout rotation work. If your valve hadn’t been used in that position for a long time, you may have to work at it some to get it to go.

Reactions: 1 users

mtdave

Equipment
L4060HSTC
Jan 3, 2022
Michigan
To operate your spout rotation, pulling lever towards you, your valve only has one position. Pushing it away from you, the valve has 2 positions. The first one is easy to get the handle into, but the second one takes more effort to get the handle into and is the one that actually makes the spout rotation work. If your valve hadn’t been used in that position for a long time, you may have to work at it some to get it to go.
I found exactly what you describe after scratching my head why the chute wouldn't rotate to the right. However, on my L4479 blower, pushing to the 2nd position makes the chute rotate uncontrollably fast (maybe twice as fast as rotating left). Both ports on the motor have the fixed orfice flow restrictors. What am I doing wrong?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I found exactly what you describe after scratching my head why the chute wouldn't rotate to the right. However, on my L4479 blower, pushing to the 2nd position makes the chute rotate uncontrollably fast (maybe twice as fast as rotating left). Both ports on the motor have the fixed orfice flow restrictors. What am I doing wrong?
I dont think you are doing anything wrong. If the setup is the same and the motor runs faster you are getting more flow out of that port on the valve. Can you duplicate that speed by pulling the valve FULL OPEN in the other direction? My hunch is you can.

Dan

mtdave

Equipment
L4060HSTC
Jan 3, 2022
Michigan
I dont think you are doing anything wrong. If the setup is the same and the motor runs faster you are getting more flow out of that port on the valve. Can you duplicate that speed by pulling the valve FULL OPEN in the other direction? My hunch is you can.

Dan
Good question, I'm away from the unit for a few weeks but will check that. Also I was planning to swap thr hoses and see if it follows the valve position or the motor direction. What I can say is that pulling the lever towards me gives me the ability to control the speed based on how far/hard I pull whereas pushing the lever away from me does nothing (a bit of hydraulic noise) in the first position then the 2nd position feels like "full speed, no control".

Any thoughts are appreciated and I'll provide feedback when I next get to play with it. Thank you.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Good question, I'm away from the unit for a few weeks but will check that.

<snip>

What I can say is that pulling the lever towards me gives me the ability to control the speed based on how far/hard I pull whereas pushing the lever away from me does nothing (a bit of hydraulic noise) in the first position then the 2nd position feels like "full speed, no control".
I think you have answered your own question.

When pullimg toward you the rate of flow going to the motor is controlled by the amount you open the spool. Thats called metering and it alloqs you to control the speed of the acyuator - motor in this case.

When going in the opposite direction the metering capability of the spool is only available in the 1st position. Because that flow is regenerative flow the motor is hydraulically locked.

When you push tje spool past the detent flow switches to the non regenerative mode and the motor is unlocked. BUT in that fourth spool position the spool is also locked in the full open position and you cant meter the flow going to the motor. Its an all or none position.

Clear as mud?

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

brimmer

Equipment
Kubota b3000 with snowblower
Nov 16, 2023
Stanhope Iowa

When pullimg toward you the rate of flow going to the motor is controlled by the amount you open the spool. Thats called metering and it alloqs you to control the speed of the acyuator - motor in this case.

When going in the opposite direction the metering capability of the spool is only available in the 1st position. Because that flow is regenerative flow the motor is hydraulically locked.

When you push tje spool past the detent flow switches to the non regenerative mode and the motor is unlocked. BUT in that fourth spool position the spool is also locked in the full open position and you cant meter the flow going to the motor. Its an all or none position.

Clear as mud?

Dan
Which ports do the snowblower hydraulic hoses hook to? Outer 2 or inner 2. Right now we have the up/down to the outside and the chute hoses to the inside.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Good question, I'm away from the unit for a few weeks but will check that. Also I was planning to swap thr hoses and see if it follows the valve position or the motor direction. What I can say is that pulling the lever towards me gives me the ability to control the speed based on how far/hard I pull whereas pushing the lever away from me does nothing (a bit of hydraulic noise) in the first position then the 2nd position feels like "full speed, no control".

Any thoughts are appreciated and I'll provide feedback when I next get to play with it. Thank you.
BTW - after thinkimg about this a bit:

if you use the boom spool for the motor and the bucket spool for the lift your joystick movenents will be reversed but your lift will work AND you should be able to control chute rotation speed in both directions.

Dan

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
When I installed my blower for the first time, I identified which tractor hydraulic ports controlled what functions on the loader. Then I followed the hoses on the blower to determine which hoses were for the lift and lower and hooked them up to the corresponding loader boom hydraulic ports. The two remaining were then obviously for the chute rotation. While operating the chute if it was reversed to what I wanted I just reversed the hoses. After this was done, I installed colored tye wraps on the hoses to identify them for future installs.
I also had the same issue with the chute rotation not operating one way until I called the dealer and was informed of the need to go into the second position to the right. He told me that Kubota has used the regenerative operation on their loader dump position for years. Not sure why they have this as the loader on my b7200 dumped just as fast.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada

Clear as mud?

Dan
Nice description.

mtdave

Equipment
L4060HSTC
Jan 3, 2022
Michigan
Dan, I really appreciate the write up, I'm much more clear on what's normal and what's not. I'll check it out on my unit once I get back to it and hopefully get some experience with it this winter.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Dan, I really appreciate the write up, I'm much more clear on what's normal and what's not. I'll check it out on my unit once I get back to it and hopefully get some experience with it this winter.
UnI have never personally had tp deal with this issue but if the rotation speed in one direction is so fast its unusable I know what I would do.

I would use the boom spool for chute rotation and bucket spool for lift and lower. That will give you control of rotation speed in both directions. Getting use to the unconventional left/right joystick pattern for raise and lower should be easy.

Dan