SnowBlower Operation per Manual

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Well I got the snowblower mounted and working but not before a very frustrating situation trying to connect the blower shaft to the quick hitch shaft…I only put it together once last year when it was new and forgot the sequence of how to do it. Anyway, I was too sore and cold to video the driveline movement. Freakin Kubota connections suck.
I pull the quick hitch pto shaft apart into front/rear halves, and feed the rear piece forward between the hitch uprights as I align and slide them back together. Then depress the clip ring and slide the pto connector onto the hitch shaft and let snap into place.
I also store the pto coupler shaft rear piece separately and that helps with the pto shaft piece always falling out onto the ground anyway as soon as you disconnect and pull away.

Reactions: 1 users

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
I pull the quick hitch pto shaft apart into front/rear halves, and feed the rear piece forward between the hitch uprights as I align and slide them back together. Then depress the clip ring and slide the pto connector onto the hitch shaft and let snap into place.
I also store the pto coupler shaft rear piece separately and that helps with the pto shaft piece always falling out onto the ground anyway as soon as you disconnect and pull away.
Yes, after 2 unsuccessful tries I had to maneuver the tractor close enough so that I could insert the rectangular blower shaft (which slides) then creep the tractor closer until the shaft would reach the quick hitch (splined) shaft. My big, arthritic, hands can barely fit into that area so it makes the whole process even more of a challenge.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I got too old for 'challenges' like MMM<-->SB swapping, bought DEDICATED machines for both operations. It's made life a LOT easier, simpler, far less stress

woke up to 2" of white today......sigh..it begins....

Reactions: 1 user

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
I got too old for 'challenges' like MMM<-->SB swapping, bought DEDICATED machines for both operations. It's made life a LOT easier, simpler, far less stress

woke up to 2" of white today......sigh..it begins....
I did the same with my MMM…bought a zero turn and sold the mmm. That chore is history but the SB one remains 😂
We got the 2” of white stuff this morning too! Hoping it melts by afternoon!

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Like I mentioned, i run the mid-pto full rpm while blowing snow and raising/lowering the blower at the same time. For 5 winters now in S Manitoba. B2650HSD w/B2782B blower.
So in answer, with my setup, I regularly RAISE AND LOWER WHILE BLOWING SNOW (UNDER LOAD).
This morning we had 2” of slush “concrete” as I was blowing my door yard it was handling the slush ok but as soon as I started on my hill (downhill) the chute packed up and got severely constipated…end of snowblowing and the rest by hand. As I was blowing there was no way I was going to stop the PTO to raise the blower a couple inches to back up…no way. I just raised it enough to clear and never stopped until it clogged.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
When we get the slushy type of snow, I only take half the width of the snowblower so it doesn't overwhelm the secondary fan and clog up the chute. It is important to run the snowblower with the engine at full RPM.

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
When we get the slushy type of snow, I only take half the width of the snowblower so it doesn't overwhelm the secondary fan and clog up the chute. It is important to run the snowblower with the engine at full RPM.
Yes, that’s what I would have done as well…trouble is it’s hard to take half a width on your first pass! 😂
Regardless, that “guard” is history!