Snow plow suggestions needed for L3560

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
ground was spring soft yesterday. I had to use my grapple and lumber to get through a part of my yard. The amount of mud is BS.
Talked to dad yesterday afternoon, between all the rain and the warmer temps we had, everything is soft and will quickly turn to mud. So, we have delayed working at the farm for a few days, hoping we get a little bit of a dry spell so we can get the MF383 cylinders back on and finish the clean-up project we started four weeks ago.

Looking at the extended forecast, no snow in it for the next 10 days and a high close to 60 on Christmas.

2manybikes

Equipment
19 L3560 HST with cab.
Aug 2, 2021
SW Va.
I purchased it from QuickAttach.com. Mine is an 8' plow with added wing kit. It cost about $3000. in 2015. The shipping weight was 770# and the operation weight is 670#. It can be used as a dozer blade for light materials by installing bolts and nuts thru the trip locks. If you need more info, just let me know.

I finally decided on a 6" straight blade with wings and hydraulic angling from QuickAttach. 675 lbs shipping weight and 600 lbs opperational. With the wings I can garner some of the benefits of a pusher. A slightly smaler overall blade will help in tight spots and the hydraulic angling keeps me in the cab and out of the weather. I can also use it for light duty scraping and leveling soil and gravel. I really appreciate everyones comments and suggestions. I would not have come up with this conclusion otherwise.

Backordered until some time in February. And yes, had to pay up front. What ever happened to the days of a non refundable deposit? It is what it is...

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I'm pleased with the Land Pride STB1596 (hydraulic angle, trip and side float) I'm using on the MX. It does a good job on the gravel driveway. I was blowing and pushing snow this morning when this photo was taken, after making a couple of passes down the common driveway. I run it in float mode and the side float really helps too.

stb1596.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

dfixit1

Equipment
L4240HSTC-3
May 17, 2019
United States
I don't have any experience with a plow on a tractor, but I have heard that because of the slower speed of a tractor they don't work as well as on a truck. The snow won't roll off the blade at low speeds. I plow a lot of snow with a V-plow on my truck and you do need a little speed to make them work as designed. I can see them not working much better than the bucket at low speed. If I didn't have a snowblower on the front of my tractor I would get a snow pusher sized for the tractor. I think they would work better than a blade and it would be a fraction of the cost.
I’d love to have your setup! 60 hp and hydraulic blower! Big $$$ plus you can raise your fel for drifts. Mine was $3500 used plus $400 for mid PTO.
I agree with your pusher assessment.

2manybikes

Equipment
19 L3560 HST with cab.
Aug 2, 2021
SW Va.
I am very pleased with my plow, even if I only got to use it once. I have three questions. 1. I only have chains on the front wheels but the weight of the plow makes for a very rough and slow ride on my gravel driveway. Would chains on the rear instead make the ride a little better? 2. As you can see from the photo I don't have a system in place yet to manage the hoses. Can I get some suggestions on how to best manage
IMG_0596.jpg
that? 3. Can a lighting system be incorperated into whatever system that keeps the hoses in check, or should I just get front lights for the cab?

Reactions: 1 user

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I am very pleased with my plow, even if I only got to use it once. I have three questions. 1. I only have chains on the front wheels but the weight of the plow makes for a very rough and slow ride on my gravel driveway. Would chains on the rear instead make the ride a little better? 2. As you can see from the photo I don't have a system in place yet to manage the hoses. Can I get some suggestions on how to best manage View attachment 78425 that? 3. Can a lighting system be incorperated into whatever system that keeps the hoses in check, or should I just get front lights for the cab?
Looks good, I have chains on the rear only right now but have chains for the front if I need them. By the way, the ride is horrible no matter where you have the chains. I don't have anything securing the hoses other than from the connections which are on the bar behind the SSQA. They are not to long and don't interfere with operations. I have lights on the front and rear of the cab but I rarely go out at night so they are almost never used. The advantage of being retired, no night time plowing.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I only have chains on the front wheels but the weight of the plow makes for a very rough and slow ride on my gravel driveway. Would chains on the rear instead make the ride a little better? 2
So you're not floating the plow on the ground and using skids to set the height for gravel?

2manybikes

Equipment
19 L3560 HST with cab.
Aug 2, 2021
SW Va.
I don't have the float feature on mine and I am using the shoes but there are areas of the drive where the gravel is deeper and I raise it a bit to keep from pushing it too. Its likely close to a mile and the travel back after clearing it is really rough, even going slow. Beats the crap out of an open cab and a bucket, just trying to fine tune the job.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I don't have the float feature on mine and I am using the shoes but there are areas of the drive where the gravel is deeper and I raise it a bit to keep from pushing it too. Its likely close to a mile and the travel back after clearing it is really rough, even going slow. Beats the crap out of an open cab and a bucket, just trying to fine tune the job.
Your loader doesn't have a float position? So all that weight out front is causing the tractor to bounce?

Just trying to understand the issue.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Not bounce, just feels like the front tires are not round! Cant think pf a better analogy.
Those chains don't help with the ride, particularly if the ground is hard.