Snow plow suggestions needed for L3560

2manybikes

Equipment
19 L3560 HST with cab.
Aug 2, 2021
SW Va.
I'm looking at front mount v-nose snow plows. Our shared driveway is gravel and located in a private community with no contracted snow removal. We are located in SW Va so the driveway has a lot of twists and turns as well as changes in elevation. Snowfall is usually light but drifting can be quite bad. I see "Boss" brand plows around here more than anything else but would like some brand suggestions from those of you who are using v-nose plows now, or have used them in the past. Thanks!

dfixit1

Equipment
L4240HSTC-3
May 17, 2019
United States
Get a pusher if you have the FEL. Went the plow truck with a big V plow and in February I was using the tractor with the FEL to move piles so I could plow more snow. Then got a pusher, worked great until I found a used 72” front blower. Sold the pusher. Plow is better than a shovel, pusher better than a plow, blower best of all. Regards

Reactions: 1 user

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I would go with either a snow pusher or a regular angle plow. V plows are expensive and have extra electronics to run them. Unless you have a lot of snow and/or do a lot of snow removal, they really aren’t worth it.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: I would love to have a blower, but just dont get enough snow to justify the cost.

then bodge your own...
I've got about 500 into my SSQA ,selfpowered,48" unit...most of those coins were for the 14HP engine.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
re: I would love to have a blower, but just dont get enough snow to justify the cost.

then bodge your own...
I've got about 500 into my SSQA ,selfpowered,48" unit...most of those coins were for the 14HP engine.
Do you have any pictures of yours? I have one from a garden tractor I have thought about powering with a hydraulic motor but a gas engine would be doable too.

thanks in advance if you do,
Bill

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I have a Quick Attach blade that can be used as a pusher with optional wings and can also be used as a dozer blade by bolting the blade solid. This has been a good replacement for my plow trucks.

Attachments

Dennis.D

Equipment
L6060, Erskine hydraulic snow blower, back hoe
Feb 16, 2018
Central, ME,USA
I don't have any experience with a plow on a tractor, but I have heard that because of the slower speed of a tractor they don't work as well as on a truck. The snow won't roll off the blade at low speeds. I plow a lot of snow with a V-plow on my truck and you do need a little speed to make them work as designed. I can see them not working much better than the bucket at low speed. If I didn't have a snowblower on the front of my tractor I would get a snow pusher sized for the tractor. I think they would work better than a blade and it would be a fraction of the cost.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
As far a plows for trucks Boss is defiantly the best(my opinion) , you could get a older angle plow and angle and pin the angle you want. Fisher is one made here in Maine for 50 yrs and early on before the angle hydrolics they just pin'd the angle needed. But it could be done with any brand you could find. A few years ago a local guy brought his JD to me and wanted a angle fisher plow added to his tractor. It was an older John Deere with rear hydrolics. Plow was old too. So after fabing a front mount and mounting the joy stick I went to NAPA and got long hydroilc hoses made to hook into his rear hydrolics. Hes run it five or six winters now. Its not fast but pushes all the snow he wants.

Attachments

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
I have a dearborn plow on my 8N that I converted to hydraulic lift and angle. They were mounted and raised with a crude cable mount. I altered the original and made a mount at the transmission it pushes and pivots from. I originally did it with a electric/hydraulic unit I bought I think from northern tool. Worked real well but I added a front pump and made it all hydraulic. It does a good job on my 300' driveway and all around the garage. One thing I did to make it roll snow better was I made a fin for the left edge so when it is heavy or a lot of snow it makes it go to the right better. I got that idea from the one way plows the towns run around here.

Bill

Attachments

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
I’ve got a 7’ pusher it works great on straight runs. If you have twists and turns I’m not sure the pusher is the best tool (IMO).
56CA9C66-C4E8-4E91-B661-98E6C904A06A.jpeg

2manybikes

Equipment
19 L3560 HST with cab.
Aug 2, 2021
SW Va.
I appreciate everyones comments, photos and suggestions. I'm somewhere between a plow and a pusher. There are multiple driveways on both sides of the road I need to push. The plow seems like a better plan since I can change the blade direction when I get to one. Still pondering!

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
I appreciate everyones comments, photos and suggestions. I'm somewhere between a plow and a pusher. There are multiple driveways on both sides of the road I need to push. The plow seems like a better plan since I can change the blade direction when I get to one. Still pondering!

One think i like about the pusher is you can get the drag top for it so you can get really close to objects and pull the snow away (like garage doors for example). I really want one for my bx but just havent bit the bullet yet to buy one. I've plowed with trucks, atvs, and my tractor. Current set up is a 54" rear blower and a home made connection kit for my FEL with a 60" ATV blade on it. It floats independant of the loader arms and is still a manual pivot. Being ssqa, i can drop the plow and put on the bucket to pile snow out of the way. i get quite a bit of snow up here, some days i would have to plow 2-3x, with having the blower now i don't have to go out as often.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I'm thankful that we don't get enough snow to warrant the investment in snow removal equipment. The bucket, box blade, and straight blade is what we use if we need to move a little snow.
20210220_085236.jpg

2manybikes

Equipment
19 L3560 HST with cab.
Aug 2, 2021
SW Va.
I have a Quick Attach blade that can be used as a pusher with optional wings and can also be used as a dozer blade by bolting the blade solid. This has been a good replacement for my plow trucks.

For my needs, the option of having a blade to be used for other purposes and convert it to a pusher when needed sounds like a good plan. Can you provide me with some specifics so i can look into it?

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
I have a Kubota B2672 FEL plow, not happy with it, when FEL is in float mode the weight of the plow prevents FEL from lifting. Instead the front axle leaves the ground. Look for a blade that can pivot at the mounting plate.
Artillian_JohnDeere_Plow5-300x300.jpg

2manybikes

Equipment
19 L3560 HST with cab.
Aug 2, 2021
SW Va.
i7win7: Thanks for your input and comments. I have also looked at the Kubota blades.Will the the ssqa I have on the tractor have to be changed to the Artillian mounting system, or were you using this as a reference to the fact it pivots at the mounting plate?

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
For my needs, the option of having a blade to be used for other purposes and convert it to a pusher when needed sounds like a good plan. Can you provide me with some specifics so i can look into it?
I purchased it from QuickAttach.com. Mine is an 8' plow with added wing kit. It cost about $3000. in 2015. The shipping weight was 770# and the operation weight is 670#. It can be used as a dozer blade for light materials by installing bolts and nuts thru the trip locks. If you need more info, just let me know.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Who needs a snow plow, it was 14oC or 57oF yesterday.

So much for being in the snow belt. I love climate change!!
ground was spring soft yesterday. I had to use my grapple and lumber to get through a part of my yard. The amount of mud is BS.