Snow plow on my B5100E

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
I did this fabrication a few years ago, 7=8 maybe, anyway I had picked up a garden tractor snow plow setup from a yard sale and decided to mount it to my B5100E, I cut two side frames from 3/16 steel and used them as the mounting points on the tractor frame rails, I purchased a log splitter controller valve, a hydraulic cylinder and used what other pieces of steel I had laying around the barn to finish the rest of the mounting point, I went to my local TSC and purchased the hydraulic lines I needed and made sure I put 2 quick connect couplings in the lines so I could drop the plow in the spring and use the tractor for other purposes, The controller allows the plow to be raised or lowered , Angle is done manually as it is not that difficult to get on and off the tractor to set the angle.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
Yes I know...It's not shiny, clean and painted...it's a work tractor, The front tires are original , not bad for a 1979, The rear tires are new R4's I put on a few years ago, they are ballasted with non toxic antifreeze plus I have 120lbs of weight I hang on the rear when I use the plow, my drive way is over 300 ft from barn to road, If we have snow over 6-7" I make a pass with the B7500 with the loader first then clean up with the plow on the B5100E.
Some times I think I am getting too old to have this much fun:)

Reactions: 1 user