Skid Steer Brush Mower on Front Loader

bsekf

Premium Member

Equipment
m5400
Jul 27, 2013
Western NY
So most front loaders use a skid steer bucket attachment. Has anyone put a skid steer brush mower on a tractor. Realize the tractor hydraulic flow is lower than a skid steer, so there will have to be some re-engineering.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
So most front loaders use a skid steer bucket attachment. Has anyone put a skid steer brush mower on a tractor. Realize the tractor hydraulic flow is lower than a skid steer, so there will have to be some re-engineering.
Such mowers are too heavy and require more hydraulic flow than is available from your tractor's system to operate effectively. Besides, FELS are not made for such devices.

Yes, I know that there are light duty devices sold for such purposes.

SDT

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I own and run tractors and a track loader. I have several front cutting attachments for my track loader, my brush cutter is just under 1,600 lbs and runs at 30GPM on the hydraulics. Tractor FEL capability runs off real quick as you move away from the mounting pins or plate. I would not even consider my Kubota MX5800 as suitable to even move this cutter let alone try to run and handle it no matter what modifications you were thinking. Tractors and track loaders are very different machines!
Cutter.JPG

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I own and run tractors and a track loader. I have several front cutting attachments for my track loader, my brush cutter is just under 1,600 lbs and runs at 30GPM on the hydraulics. Tractor FEL capability runs off real quick as you move away from the mounting pins or plate. I would not even consider my Kubota MX5800 as suitable to even move this cutter let alone try to run and handle it no matter what modifications you were thinking. Tractors and track loaders are very different machines!
View attachment 46039
Bingo.

SDT

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
They make 2 brands of cutters for the front end loaders of tractors that I know of, Lane Shark and ???.

I think there is maybe a third one. I am looking.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
That’s a good option, it has a rear pto hydraulic powered pack option which users recommend. It’s very functional and has vertical cutting too. Not sure it’s rated for a 525 loader, seems most videos are on MX tractors with 1065 loader. I looked at one for vertical cutting forest trails using my MX5800 but saving my money up for front articulating brush hog for track loader as they are much more heavy duty and can be used in my cab machine, much safer