Sidekick accessory plug in

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
A few years back I purchased my Sidekick I asked the dealer to hardwire a plug from the battery to the bed so I could plug in things like sprayers and fertilizer spreaders. Well they hardwired a connection from a Boss snowplow and said to get an adapter to scale it down from what it is to what you need. Now I can’t find an adapter and neither can the dealership. Anyone have an idea what I can use ?
EFC9FC50-64CC-46A0-90F6-4A850E2EA5A3.jpeg 10A91EA1-33FB-48CD-B46C-F90B082CB392.jpeg

JamesW

Equipment
850 Sidekick
Aug 19, 2022
North East Texas
I'd suggest replacing that with a standard SAE quick connector. A good example is the battery connector you get for a Battery Tender charger. Amazon has a zillion SAE quick connector options. Plus you can use it to keep your battery charged.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I wired a separate fused disconnect to a power port in the bed controlled by a power relay. That way I can turn off the pump/aux port from a switch on the dash.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
For my sprayer, I just use the quick connect from the battery tender and the other end from the sprayer. Northern Tools. It came with multiple pigtails to either hard wire to battery, or use terminal clamps. Cable is fused as well. I have enough slack that the on off switch sets on my leg for east access in use. If your accessory is pulling a lot of power you may want to fuse that connection or run it off a dedicated circuit and size the wire gauge to support your draw. I like the idea to have that 12V access in the rear.

JamesW

Equipment
850 Sidekick
Aug 19, 2022
North East Texas
For my sprayer, I just use the quick connect from the battery tender and the other end from the sprayer. Northern Tools. It came with multiple pigtails to either hard wire to battery, or use terminal clamps. Cable is fused as well. I have enough slack that the on off switch sets on my leg for east access in use. If your accessory is pulling a lot of power you may want to fuse that connection or run it off a dedicated circuit and size the wire gauge to support your draw. I like the idea to have that 12V access in the rear.
Small sprayers and fertilizer spreaders don’t pull much power. They could easily work off the SAE connectors (battery tender connection). It would be easy to put a switch in line and run it to the cab through the back window