Sickle mower

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
After looking at their website I would be worried to that the tractor is to low to the ground. I have had to make some mods to Cat 1 attachments to work on a larger tractor because the tractor did not set high enough so the machine was angled correctly.

Also you need to drive with some speed with a sickle bar mower. It might be difficult to go quickly enough to keep the bar clear of the cuttings if the ground is ruff due to the small wheels.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I have no experience operating one. I bought one a few years ago from someone who didn't realize (I think) what he had and couldn't use it on the older tractor he had. I quickly found someone who need it more than me and I sold it.

They are not like to old sickle bar mowers in that they actually have the cutting sections on two rows and cut easier, faster and do not get clogged up with clumps of grass. You can also cut with the bar in any position, horizontal to vertical. Need hydraulic connections to operate.

Nodlenor

Equipment
BX2380 w/loader, tiller, blade, dirt scoup, & Woods 5' 3 pt. mower.
Nov 22, 2020
North central Missouri
I guessI I’ll find out first hand. I talked to my dealer and he called the distributor who said it would work, so I ordered one. I ordered the smallest one they make. It has a 5ft. bar and doesn’t require any hyd hookups.
I mowed for the state for several years so I do have some knowledge about mowing. I intend to use it mainly to mow along the streets of the small town that I live in. I’ll post some of my results so if it doesn’t work I’ll let everyone know.

Nodlenor

Equipment
BX2380 w/loader, tiller, blade, dirt scoup, & Woods 5' 3 pt. mower.
Nov 22, 2020
North central Missouri
Finally got my mower today. Took 4 weeks but I’ve got it now and I think I’m going to really like it. I used it most of the afternoon today and it works really well on my BX2380. I got the 5’ bar with manual lift. It will do all I’m planning to do with it. Brand name is “enrossi”

Reactions: 1 users

Bugzilla46310

Equipment
2022 BX2680 198? AC 916H
May 22, 2022
Demotte, IN
Finally got my mower today. Took 4 weeks but I’ve got it now and I think I’m going to really like it. I used it most of the afternoon today and it works really well on my BX2380. I got the 5’ bar with manual lift. It will do all I’m planning to do with it. Brand name is “enrossi”
Without pictures it didn’t happen!

Reactions: 2 users

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Let's seee!!