Shipping

XSpecBx

Equipment
B2601, Artillian Pallet Forks, Woodmaxx MX-8600, LP BB1248
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
Not sure what section to add this to, so figure this is as good as any.

Long story short, I bought a B2601 back in December. I was pretty lucky as the dealer had one in stock, but ordered a BH and still no sight of it so I started looking around.

Was able to find a dealer in West Virginia that has one in stock, by I’m in CT so would need to ship it up.

Anyone have any experience using shipping companies to do something similar?

thanks

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Take a road trip. It will cost a fortune to ship, unless they have it on a pallet, and by the time it gets to CT, it will be banged up quite a bit. 9 hr 14 min (581.0 mi) via I-68 W

Impala

Equipment
L3302 prior B2601, prior BX2230
Jan 16, 2021
WI
Do not use Uship but you can use their website to get an idea on pricing for free. Uship adds about 20% in fees so it adds up pretty quick.

XSpecBx

Equipment
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
Take a road trip. It will cost a fortune to ship, unless they have it on a pallet, and by the time it gets to CT, it will be banged up quite a bit. 9 hr 14 min (581.0 mi) via I-68 W
Thought about it, but I don’t have a couple days to burn making the trip unfortunately.

Shipping quotes I got already are $800-1,400, but my bigger concern is unloading the thing. Not sure my B2601 can handle moving the 900+ lb backhoe.

It’s new and from a dealer so it’s in the original shipping crates as far as I know.

Impala

Equipment
Jan 16, 2021
WI
May want to put liftgate service in your shipping quotes. You will be able to lift the backhoe to move it around but I don't think you could pull it off a flatbed. Whenever I have bought something heavy it was always an option for a little more $$$

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Maybe ask the selling Kubota dealer if they'll ship to your local dealer ? We used to do 'intrastock transfers' all the time when I was at Radio Shack.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Maybe ask the selling Kubota dealer if they'll ship to your local dealer ? We used to do 'intrastock transfers' all the time when I was at Radio Shack.
I seriously doubt that any Kubota dealer will do any sort of inventory transfer.
Radio Shack parts/pieces often weigh less than a pound.
Backhoes weigh hundreds of pounds!

U-Ship is a workable idea, as in post #5, but it might be difficult to find an owner/operator equipped with a trailer lift gate.
U-Ship is a bidding process, so as the bidding proceeds, the price/cost will decrease, as others jump in to bid.
First bid will always be the highest!

XSpecBx

Equipment
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
May want to put liftgate service in your shipping quotes. You will be able to lift the backhoe to move it around but I don't think you could pull it off a flatbed. Whenever I have bought something heavy it was always an option for a little more $$$
Was already planning on doing liftgate if I had it delivered to my house. Its around $200 extra, which isn't too bad.

Impala

Equipment
Jan 16, 2021
WI
Was already planning on doing liftgate if I had it delivered to my house. Its around $200 extra, which isn't too bad.
I doubt dealer transfer but maybe the dealer would allow it delivered to them to make it easier? If you bought the tractor from them I would hope they would help. Shipping to a business is usually cheaper and they have a way to unload it.

Uship is really expensive and not great to deal with. Remember with Uship, they take 20%, so it could be 20% cheaper if you find transport yourself.

Easiest way is to ask the dealer that has the backhoe who they use and get a quote direct.

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
I would do the road trip in a minute, if I had the proper equipment to handle the package on both ends.

If time is not critical, perhaps search your local area for contract truckers. The price of diesel right now will certainly add to the total cost. Someone with a 'rig' could be looking for just such a transport opportunity to put some money in their pocket.

Off the top of my head, for a local trucker to fetch the 900 LB package, handling included, fuel emergency surcharge included, basically a 2-day run.......$2500 min.

That's just a guess, I'm not a trucker.

FWIW, truckers are kind of like the 'wardens' of the highways. They know what the roadway can dish out for those who aren't paying attention, they've seen all of it. They are usually the first to stop to offer help when it goes sideways. Truckers keep this country afloat day by day. Practically everyone uses some item daily that was delivered to their retail market by a Trucker. (y) ;)

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE

Long story short, I bought a B2601 back in December. I was pretty lucky as the dealer had one in stock, but ordered a BH and still no sight of it so I started looking around.

Was able to find a dealer in West Virginia that has one in stock, by I’m in CT so would need to ship it up.

thanks
Go over and join tractor.net. They have a version of a load board. I have had a couple pieces of equipment hauled by hot shot guys I found on there for way less than I could do it myself. You may have to figure out a way on your end to unload it as most of these hot shot guys don't have lifts.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
If you have a bank or retaining wall that's the right height, you can back the tractor up to the backhoe, attach it, drive away again. Before I got the quick attach for the front of my B2601, I used to use pallet forks on the 3ph this way - back onto the trailer/truck and lift. It just relies on you or a neighbour having an appropriate height and accessible embankment.

XSpecBx

Equipment
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
I decided to just wait out my local dealer and am renting an excavator for the more time sensitive items I need done. Shipping quotes were ranging from $900-2,400 and even at the lowest price, was making the cost-benefit of it just not worth it. Ginger concern was if it got damaged at all I was pretty much screwed.
Thanks everyone for the advice.

Reactions: 1 user

AlexArrive

Equipment
B591 Pallet Fs
Dec 30, 2022
Atlanta
I had a similar experience, and only I was selling a car. I could only find a buyer in Kansas and live in Florida. However, the buyer agreed to transport the vehicle as long as the car was delivered in good condition. I thought about how to do it and finally went to companies that ship cars. I was delighted with the service of this company, as my car was delivered in perfect condition at short notice. The buyer was happy, and the transaction went well. You will do well and find a decent company through which to ship your car.

Last edited:

Quarmart

Jan 15, 2024
USA
Hey! Moving equipment can be a bit tricky; it's always been for me. In case you haven't found a solution yet, consider checking out https://www.shipvehicles.com/. They might have good options for getting your tractor from West Virginia to CT. I use their services all the time, and they're great.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

thanks

Here is a "hot shot" guy who is absolutely outstanding.
A very detail oriented guy!
We (friend & I) used him in October to move a 2021 Kubota M62 TLB from central MA, to White Stone, VA. (550 miles)

"USA Trucking"
518-898-1929
Ondaej Plzak

He is apparently in/near Carlisle, PA, but goes everywhere.
Nice diesel F450 (?) truck, towing a nice 30'(?) Lo-boy aluminum trailer.
Cost us $1,200 for 550 miles with 9,000 lb. tractor.
He could probably combine your BH with another piece of equipment?

Highly recommended!
Don't know about your unloading issue though.

Last edited:

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I know this is an old thread and the op has probably gotten his backhoe from the local dealer but thought I'd throw this in.
When I bought a government surplus diesel genset I knew I couldn't lift it off the trailer with my L3400. I called a local towing company and for $50 they lifted it off and put it in the garage on my pipe rollers.
That was some time ago so price might be around $100 today.