SGC0660 Hose Routing Issues on LX2610

timb365

Apr 9, 2021
Western NJ
My beautiful LX2610 arrived last week (waiting since March!) and am having some issues with the Land Pride SGC0660 grapple and hoses (that came with it) getting caught on the loader...

Pictures say a thousand words, but I am wondering if others have experienced this or have some pictures/solutions to deal with this. I've reached out to my dealer to see what can be done... my inkling is a shorter cable, but I digress.

To note, I have the Kuboto 3rd Function kit installed.

-Tim

Attachments

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Maybe install two 90 degree elbows at the loader frame and rotate the 90's on the grapple?

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Have the B2650, same setup. I've replaced 2 damaged hoses and decided if they fail to replumb it for off-the-shelf hoses. Hydraulic fittings/adapters should not have to be replaced. The generic hoses have a fixed pipe thread on one end and a swivel on the opposite end. Buy 90 or 45 degree fittings with a swivel. Screw these onto the grapple. They don't swivel when tightened but allows you to route the hose direction. The non-swivel end of hose goes into these fittings. Screw the swivel end of hose into 90 degree fittings and add couplers. The hose swivels continue to work and the couplers can be plugged together when grapple is dismounted.
20210620_162429.jpg

20210620_162233.jpg

20210620_162315.jpg

The hose on the left is the swivel end. 4' hose is $15-$20. Right hose hasn't failed yet. The 90's allow some swiveling of the connectors and the hose swivel allows some twisting forces on the hose.

May not be the solution your searching for. I decided the hoses were expendable and should be cheap and easy to source (tsc, farm & fleet, ect)

Reactions: 1 user

timb365

Apr 9, 2021
Western NJ
Have the B2650, same setup. I've replaced 2 damaged hoses and decided if they fail to replumb it for off-the-shelf hoses. Hydraulic fittings/adapters should not have to be replaced. The generic hoses have a fixed pipe thread on one end and a swivel on the opposite end. Buy 90 or 45 degree fittings with a swivel. Screw these onto the grapple. They don't swivel when tightened but allows you to route the hose direction. The non-swivel end of hose goes into these fittings. Screw the swivel end of hose into 90 degree fittings and add couplers. The hose swivels continue to work and the couplers can be plugged together when grapple is dismounted.
View attachment 61861
View attachment 61862
View attachment 61863
The hose on the left is the swivel end. 4' hose is $15-$20. Right hose hasn't failed yet. The 90's allow some swiveling of the connectors and the hose swivel allows some twisting forces on the hose.

May not be the solution your searching for. I decided the hoses were expendable and should be cheap and easy to source (tsc, farm & fleet, ect)
Thanks for the pictures!

Couple questions if you don't mind:
1. Do you have the elbows bringing the hose vertically on the grapple or running horizontally?
2. In your third picture and the left hose, is that fixed on the loader? I can't tell and am having a hard time visualizing ultimately what your set up is looking like.

I spoke with my dealer today and besides just telling it's a generic hose kit (ie, just comes with the grapple with no regard to tractor model) that their thought as well is to add an elbow at the loader... so we shall see.

-Tim

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Couple questions if you don't mind:
1. Do you have the elbows bringing the hose vertically on the grapple or running horizontally?
I have the same grapple/3rd function as you. The 90's on grapple will allow you to angle hoses upward, around 45 degrees. 90's on couplers send hoses forward to grapple.

2. In your third picture and the left hose, is that fixed on the loader? I can't tell and am having a hard time visualizing ultimately what your set up is looking like.
Male & female couplers are plugged together (swivel on hose allows this), hoses just lying on top for photo.

timb365

Apr 9, 2021
Western NJ
I have the same grapple/3rd function as you. The 90's on grapple will allow you to angle hoses upward, around 45 degrees. 90's on couplers send hoses forward to grapple.

Male & female couplers are plugged together (swivel on hose allows this), hoses just lying on top for photo.
All makes sense now! Thanks!!!