setting up a hydraulic system for a tipping trailer.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
hi all, thanks for all the replies so far to my other question, so i thought i run this by you all for some feedback.
I want to use a tipping trailer with my B6000 but its not piped for one, what is the best way to do this and what will be required , i suspect that if the trailers hyrdo connection is via quick release fittings i could possible use some other attachmemnts depending on pressure and flow etc when the trailer is not connected such as a log splitter .
any input would be great guys.

thanks
rob

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
I would like to know more about the possibilities as well. although, I would have a suspicion that a log splitter may be marginal for these little beasts. I would like to have power angle on my blade as well as other things too. So.. like you I'm going to set back and listen to the experts.

Kytim

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Why not? Just cut the hydraulic tube going from the pump to the TPH and plumb in as many spools as you like! The proper way would be to use a three line system with a power beyond type spool valve but hey! There are LOTS of these tractors running good with a simple valve connected in series. I don't have the Hyd pressure specs in front of me now but I expect there will be plenty of pressure to run a splitter. won't be quick though.
Ed

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
thats great ed, can you expand on how the 3 line system functions and what i would require , my grey cells are not what they used to be:confused:;)

thanks again
rob

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
The power beyond system that is recommended antime you want to connect open center valves in series utilizes three hydraulic lines to the control valve. one line is "P" or pump, the oil comes from the hydraulic pump into the valve there. the next line is "PB" or ,power beyond, the oil leaves the valve and continues to the next valve, TPH etc., the last line is "T" or tank, the oil that is returning from a cylinder or motor and any oil that escapes past the relief valve returns free flow into the reservoir, in the case of a tractor into the transmission case.
theres are at least three advantages to using the Power beyond system.
One is that it prevents "compounding" of the hydraulic pressure in the system if you happen to use the remote valve and the tph at the same time. that is, the pressure increase required to do the work in the TPH will "telegraph" back to the remote valve and will increase the relief valve pressure in that valve to way above where you have it set. this could cause hose and structural failure in your system from the pump out to the impliment you are operating. The next advantage is that the free flowing of the "T" line allows the returning oil to flow faster back into the transmission. if you are using a double acting cylinder there could be considerably more oil returning than that required to move the cylinder. (cylinder retraction). The third reason has to do with the way they construct the valve. the outer ends of the spools in the valve are subjected to just tank pressure with the power beyond system but have to withstand system pressure if you use The TPH without power beyond. this could cause the spools to leak oil.
If you install a remote valve in your tractor be sure to use one that has a relief valve in it!
Ed

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
On the B6000 the relief valve that is in the TPH valve is set to 1200 psi.
If you install a remote valve you probably should set its pressure relief to no more than 1500 psi. A 4 inch cylinder will exert 9.5 tons of force at 1500 psi. may work OK as a log splitter if your wood isn't too tough!
Ed

steve

Equipment
B7100HST, B5001DT/B5100DT, JD-111H, Chevy K2500 DuraMax, CJ-5, CJ-7, TJ jeeps
Feb 17, 2009
Henniker. NH, USA
Rob
I put a single acting cylinder on the top link of the TPH on my B5100D. I piped off the valve at the TPH control. I use it to tip a carry all and dump a load of fire wood down into the bulkhead. Works great. Photos and more details in a few days.
Steve