Set-Up and PDI

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Many (most, all?) manufacturers pay their dealers for set-up and PDI.

Anyone know conclusively if Kubota does?

SDT

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
LX3310, FEL, 60" bucket, 60" grapple, 60" box blade, 60" flail, LX2980 blower,
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
Many (most, all?) manufacturers pay their dealers for set-up and PDI.

Anyone know conclusively if Kubota does?

SDT
Unlike a recent snowmobile purchase, there was no separate invoice line for these items when I picked up my new LX3310 last week in MN (or in the estimates offered by two other dealers I considered). Seems like the "MSRP" numbers quoted by kubota include these costs whereas the Polaris "MSRP" ended up being msrp + dealer costs in all five dealerships I pushed on the issue. But maybe it's also a function of low availability in these markets this year - others will have to speak to historical practices.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Unlike a recent snowmobile purchase, there was no separate invoice line for these items when I picked up my new LX3310 last week in MN (or in the estimates offered by two other dealers I considered). Seems like the "MSRP" numbers quoted by kubota include these costs whereas the Polaris "MSRP" ended up being msrp + dealer costs in all five dealerships I pushed on the issue. But maybe it's also a function of low availability in these markets this year - others will have to speak to historical practices.
I know of no dealers who itemize set-up and PDI. Rather it's hidden in the so-called "base price."

I know conclusively that many (most/all?) manufacturers pay dealers for such work but am not certain about Kubota, and this is the question.

SDT

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I'll ask Keith (he's to owner of the dealer I deal with) and he's very straight forward. I'll PM you when I find out...

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I know of no dealers who itemize set-up and PDI. Rather it's hidden in the so-called "base price."

I know conclusively that many (most/all?) manufacturers pay dealers for such work but am not certain about Kubota, and this is the question.

SDT
I do not use PM.

I've poked around on the site and cannot find how to check for messages.

Any help appreciated.

SDT

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I'll initiate a 'conversation' with you but limit it to you and me. I'd say the PM thing left with the site upgrade.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I’ll tell you how to PM if you’ll share the info with me... 😅 🤣

(Hint: Look at the upper right of your screen, immediately to the right of your avatar and you’ll see a little-bitty envelope to “click” on... that’s for PM.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I'll ask Keith (he's to owner of the dealer I deal with) and he's very straight forward. I'll PM you when I find out...
Flip, curious why if you do not divulge your source of the info, why you could not answer in public. But I guess you may have...and just want to be discrete.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I don't believe that information is for public consumption, simply put. Haven't been there but I will be next week.

Never have and would not ever. Some things are better left unsaid on a public forum.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I don't believe that information is for public consumption, simply put. Haven't been there but I will be next week.

Never have and would not ever. Some things are better left unsaid on a public forum.
Understand where you are coming from.

Thinking about it, the answer is pretty obvious anyway. It costs something to prep a vehicle (tractor, truck, car, whatever), so if you are not charged for it outright, you must be paying for it anyway in the purchase price.

Same with transport to get it to the dealer, and delivered to the purchaser if not charged as a line item.

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
LX3310, FEL, 60" bucket, 60" grapple, 60" box blade, 60" flail, LX2980 blower,
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
Understand where you are coming from.

Thinking about it, the answer is pretty obvious anyway. It costs something to prep a vehicle (tractor, truck, car, whatever), so if you are not charged for it outright, you must be paying for it anyway in the purchase price.

Same with transport to get it to the dealer, and delivered to the purchaser if not charged as a line item.
Yup, the customer pays for everything. How the supply chain splits that up can be an interesting aside, but I trust they all get paid or they wouldn't keep doing the work.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
You pay for everything in life including your funeral. How the worm turns.