Seeking Kubota M7060 attachments

Laurel Knoll

Mar 16, 2022
Western Massachusetts
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on buying a Kubota M7060 open station machine. I'll be using it mainly for tree work, road grading, and general maintenance on my 45-acre place in the Berkshires.

The unit is plumbed with a third function, and has the factory subframe for an M4011 backhoe, so the next step is to start tracking down attachments in roughly the order below. I'm focusing on good used pieces, but might have to look at new ones if I don't come across what I'm looking for. Feel free to offer recommendations on brands and models, if you have had good experience with them.

Grapple: I will be working mainly with brush and tree trunks, but there will also be some rock and root work. I realize there are different designs for each of those types of work, so my priority will be the brush and trunk version, I believe.

Box blade: I've had good luck with Gannon blades and am definitely prioritizing getting a unit with a hydraulic ripper assembly. The ability to raise and lower the rippers without getting off the machine is worth the added cost, in my opinion. I'm open to other brands, though, as I'm not seeing many Gannons in the New England area.

Backhoe: I've pretty much dialed this into either an M4011 or Bradco 611B with a hydraulic thumb kit. It's my understanding from reading up on these that they are the same unit, with Bradco making the Kubota version. The M4011s seem to come up much less frequently than the 611s, so I'll probably end up with a Bradco. It's also my understanding that the skid steer version of this model backhoe can be converted to use on a tractor by unbolting the skid steer brackets and replacing them with a backhoe half mounting kit from either Kubota or Bradco. Here's an image from the parts manual: https://www.messicks.com/ku/85691

I need to confirm the exact part number to mate an M4011 or 611B to the M7060.

If anyone has leads on any of these, feel free to give me a shout.

Thanks in advance,

John

notforhire

Equipment
Kubota L47
Dec 5, 2019
Meadows of Dan VA.
I like my box blade from Everything Attachments., however it does not have the hydraulic ripper attachment that you mention.
Are you getting Top and Tilt on your 3PH? Now is the time.

http://www.msattachments.com/grapples.html
Mid State Attachments has a good selection of grapples with reasonable prices. They no longer list the prices on their web site. Now you need to call. I expect that this is due to the ever-changing steel prices. I have their #2 Root Rake. It works well with no issues.

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
Just keep in mind you have a good tractor with lots of pulling power and weight behind it! Cat 1 implements might not take the abuse. I have a 5’ rake that now looks like a pretzel, didn’t feel it catch anything at the time! (Cheap import brand).

Reactions: 1 user

1badDart

Sep 7, 2021
W. KY.
I have the older 6’ version of the one in the link below. The only difference I see is that my grapple arms are out on the ends of the main frame and not inboard like the one in the photos.

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
I use a Woods BSM84” box blade and it is great with the M7060. It’s a Cat 1/2. The end plates are .5 inch with 1/4 plate welded on the sides at the bottom for strength and long life. You can add a floating tailgate if you so desire.

Laurel Knoll

Mar 16, 2022
Western Massachusetts
Thanks for that link on the Woods product. I checked out their site. Yours has manual rippers, correct? Ideally, I'm hoping to get something like their old (sadly discontinued) Gannon H series with hydraulic control. That's the type of box blade I learned on and I really came to appreciate the ability to raise and lower the rippers from the machine. If I can't find one, I might start off with a manual version and see if I get used to it. Here's their page for reference: https://woodsequipment.com/product-category/dirt-working/box-scrapers/page/2

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
Thanks for that link on the Woods product. I checked out their site. Yours has manual rippers, correct? Ideally, I'm hoping to get something like their old (sadly discontinued) Gannon H series with hydraulic control. That's the type of box blade I learned on and I really came to appreciate the ability to raise and lower the rippers from the machine. If I can't find one, I might start off with a manual version and see if I get used to it. Here's their page for reference: https://woodsequipment.com/product-category/dirt-working/box-scrapers/page/2
Correct on the manual rippers on my BSM 84. I will say they are easy to drop and retract. hydraulic would be nice for sure. But if I’m ripping, I’m cmoving dirt at the same time with the blade. Here in Georgia, the red and white clays are really hard in the Dry summer season. The 84 weighs about 800 pounds and it usually digs in and cuts well. Gravel drive ways, I set them to run deep and when I‘m done turning up the gravel, I retract the rippers and smooth it ou with the blades.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I like my box blade from Everything Attachments., however it does not have the hydraulic ripper attachment that you mention.
Are you getting Top and Tilt on your 3PH? Now is the time.

http://www.msattachments.com/grapples.html
Mid State Attachments has a good selection of grapples with reasonable prices. They no longer list the prices on their web site. Now you need to call. I expect that this is due to the ever-changing steel prices. I have their #2 Root Rake. It works well with no issues.

I bought a #1 E Series Root Rake from Mid States Attachments.
Nice people!

1badDart

Sep 7, 2021
W. KY.
I have the older 6’ version of the one in the link below. The only difference I see is that my grapple arms are out on the ends of the main frame and not inboard like the one in the photos.

Correction, I unintentionally lied, my grapple arms are set back from the ends.

Justin

Laurel Knoll

Mar 16, 2022
Western Massachusetts
Thanks everyone for your feedback. This is great info. I was not familiar with the Top and Tilt option and will explore that further. The tractor arrives next Tuesday, and I anticipate getting some hours in the following weekend, weather permitting.

notforhire

Equipment
Kubota L47
Dec 5, 2019
Meadows of Dan VA.
Thanks everyone for your feedback. This is great info. I was not familiar with the Top and Tilt option and will explore that further. The tractor arrives next Tuesday, and I anticipate getting some hours in the following weekend, weather permitting.
If you are going to do much grading with your box blade I would recommend top and tilt. It does require two rear remotes. If you are only getting one remote, you may want your dealer to install another before you take delivery.

Laurel Knoll

Mar 16, 2022
Western Massachusetts

Laurel Knoll

Mar 16, 2022
Western Massachusetts
Making progress. Tractor arrived a couple weeks ago. I tracked down a used Gannon box blade with hydraulic rippers and that should be coming soon. I'm following up on the suggestion for top and tilt cylinders and am planning on trying to order those after the box blade arrives.

The grapple is now my main focus. I'm considering the 76" version of the Jenkins brush grapple. https://jenkinsironandsteel.com/products/brush-grapple

Price is $3,300 new and there's one a couple hours from me at a dealer in New Hampshire. Anyone have experience with that model? Reviews I've read online all seem favorable. The only downside I see to it is the weight at roughly 1,300 pounds. The LA1154 lift capacity is just under 3,000 pounds in the power position, so I don't think it will be too heavy, but a similarly configured Titan Attachments grapple is about 450 pounds lighter.

As always, feedback welcome.

Thanks,

John

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
The only downside I see to it is the weight at roughly 1,300 pounds. The LA1154 lift capacity is just under 3,000 pounds in the power position, so I don't think it will be too heavy
Lift capacity at max height (power hole) is 2,928lb at the bucket pivot pin. That drops to 1,830lb 800mm (31.5") forward of the bucket pivot pin. I would never run a grapple that heavy on an M7060. I would get in line for a Wicked 66 which is 660lb or find something in that weight range.

The grapple you're considering sounds like it's better suited to a skid steer.

I have a Wicked 60 which will work great on either tractor, but I do kind of wish I'd bought the Wicked 66 if only for the higher ram pressure and wider opening. I thought it would be overkill on the MX but it'd be perfect for the M.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Lift capacity at max height (power hole) is 2,928lb at the bucket pivot pin. That drops to 1,830lb 800mm (31.5") forward of the bucket pivot pin. I would never run a grapple that heavy on an M7060. I would get in line for a Wicked 66 which is 660lb or find something in that weight range.

The grapple you're considering sounds like it's better suited to a skid steer.

I have a Wicked 60 which will work great on either tractor, but I do kind of wish I'd bought the Wicked 66 if only for the higher ram pressure and wider opening. I thought it would be overkill on the MX but it'd be perfect for the M.
+1

Reactions: 1 users

Laurel Knoll

Mar 16, 2022
Western Massachusetts
Made good progress on the grapple and box blade.

I ended up going with the 74" grapple from Wildkat (aka Mid State Attachments) http://www.msattachments.com/-2-extreme-root-rake.html

They had good reviews online and the piece seems pretty rugged. I gave it a good workout this weekend and am pleased so far.

IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0180.JPG

For the box blade, I found a used Gannon (Woods) 76" unit with a hydraulic ripper assembly. There was an earlier suggestion to get a top and tilt set up for this, which I'm working on now. I've got a three-valve set up on my machine, so I just need to get the correct cylinders for the top and side links.

IMG_0157.JPG