SEAL KITS B1640a LOADER LIFT AND BUCKET CYLINDERS.

Titan17

Equipment
L3901 TLB, Caroni RFM, Scag Wildcat ZTR, Piranha TB,York RE 96", MTL HD 48" grap
Jan 13, 2019
Uncasville, CT
I'm about to do seal replacements on my loader cylinders off my B1750.
They're running pretty slow at low RPM especially when temp/viscosity change. I'd like to have the kits when I start the job.
Others have said kits are reasonably priced but is that at Messicks or is there an aftermarket supplier anyone would recommend??
I can remove, disassemble and bring to my local hyd. shop for seal replacement cheaper than the seal kits cost at Messicks but a 2 week backlog and aftermarket seals are crossed.
I can probably replace the seals quicker than the drive to and from not to mention about$20 for gas.
Any suggestions?? If it's Messicks then I'll probably just go to my local dealer; they're not much more.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
They're running pretty slow at low RPM especially when temp/viscosity change. I'd like to have the kits when I start the job.
Others have said kits are reasonably priced but is that at Messicks or is there an aftermarket supplier anyone would recommend??
I can remove, disassemble and bring to my local hyd. shop for seal replacement cheaper than the seal kits cost at Messicks but a 2 week backlog and aftermarket seals are crossed.
I can probably replace the seals quicker than the drive to and from not to mention about$20 for gas.
Any suggestions?? If it's Messicks then I'll probably just go to my local dealer; they're not much more.
I am not a big fan of rebuilding 40 year old cylinders. When the cylinders on my B1630 went bad I replaced all four with new ones. At the time I think they were about $100 each.

YMMV,

Dan

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
If you knew the dimensions, you might be able to buy aftermarket parts. But you'd be out of service waiting on parts. Any chance the shop will sell you just the parts?

I bought mine from the dealer. Kubota discourages discount selling.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
If you knew the dimensions, you might be able to buy aftermarket parts. But you'd be out of service waiting on parts. Any chance the shop will sell you just the parts?

I bought mine from the dealer. Kubota discourages discount selling.
Messicks wants $116 for the lift cylinder kit and $76 for the bucket cylinder kit.

Ask Ronnie Bowman about Kubota's policy on discounting MSRP.

Dan

Edke6bnl

Equipment
B7800 Kubota, case 1840 Skidsteer Ford 3500
Mar 31, 2022
Agua Dulce, California
I just did my bucket cyl. for my b7800 Messicks was right in the ball park I think the place I got them was Coleman. I checked everywhere and the prices were even higher. For my bigger cylinders for my case skidsteer they are half the price of the Kubota ones. Bit the bullet and they are working fine now. Here in So. California they wanted close to $200 for each cylinder so $100 for both was a bargain.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Messicks wants $116 for the lift cylinder kit and $76 for the bucket cylinder kit.

Ask Ronnie Bowman about Kubota's policy on discounting MSRP.

Dan
Wow, that's more ridiculous than I've encountered. Who's Ronnie Bowman?

Titan17

Equipment
L3901 TLB, Caroni RFM, Scag Wildcat ZTR, Piranha TB,York RE 96", MTL HD 48" grap
Jan 13, 2019
Uncasville, CT
I'm still flipping out over their prices on just 1 seal kit. I agree with oldhokie on buy new. Price increase 2022 has made that cost ineffective now. Going to measure lift/curl cylinders now and see if I can find something close in size and length. I don't mind loosing a little travel but I don't want to oversize piston.
I thought I could get by till summer but ???
I'm going to finish up what I have to do immediately then pull apart to get close match.
Bohemian Seal has supplied everything I needed in the past but gets shipped from Poland. Haven't used them in few years.

Titan17

Equipment
Jan 13, 2019
Uncasville, CT
I'm still flipping out over their prices on just 1 seal kit. I agree with oldhokie on buy new. Price increase 2022 has made that cost ineffective now. Going to measure lift/curl cylinders now and see if I can find something close in size and length. I don't mind loosing a little travel but I don't want to oversize piston.
I thought I could get by till summer but ???
I'm going to finish up what I have to do immediately then pull apart to get close match.
Bohemian Seal has supplied everything I needed in the past but gets shipped from Poland. Haven't used them in few years.
Silly me!! I thought the kit price was for a lift cylinder set and curl cylinder set meaning 2 each.
I'll use the tractor for only mowing if necessary until I get replacement seals or cylinders.

Titan17

Equipment
Jan 13, 2019
Uncasville, CT
This is a sample on a piston seal showing size and price.
When I find a suitable replacement I'll make sure I post it all over the internet.
Replacements like this are fine for this old tractor. As long as the seal is properly spaced and packed in the grove.
I'll report back in few weeks.

Attachments

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
This is a sample on a piston seal showing size and price.
When I find a suitable replacement I'll make sure I post it all over the internet.
Replacements like this are fine for this old tractor. As long as the seal is properly spaced and packed in the grove.
I'll report back in few weeks.
Is that eBay? There are several places on-line that sell seal parts. Apparently, groove dimensions are fairly standardized. I've repacked most of my loader and backhoe cylinders using OEM parts. I figured it was a once in my lifetime thing, and none of mine were as out of line as yours. I wish I had measured them so I could share the info.

I had a couple of hoses that are NLA, so I measured them and had them made. I posted them on OTT. That got me thinking that if other folks did that, over time, we might have a pretty good data base. Maybe the same with cylinder kits.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Silly me!! I thought the kit price was for a lift cylinder set and curl cylinder set meaning 2 each.
I'll use the tractor for only mowing if necessary until I get replacement seals or cylinders.
Not as cheap as they were when I got them but brand new and simple drop in replacements. I put the old ones on the shelf for possible rebuild and use in some other project. I also have the OEM seal kits for one if not both the bucket and lift.

Lion Loader Cylinder 15WX16-100 (bucket)

1652980009168.png

Lion Loader Cylinder 15WX18-100 (lift)

1652980241765.png

Titan17

Equipment
Jan 13, 2019
Uncasville, CT
Is that eBay? There are several places on-line that sell seal parts. Apparently, groove dimensions are fairly standardized. I've repacked most of my loader and backhoe cylinders using OEM parts. I figured it was a once in my lifetime thing, and none of mine were as out of line as yours. I wish I had measured them so I could share the info.

I had a couple of hoses that are NLA, so I measured them and had them made. I posted them on OTT. That got me thinking that if other folks did that, over time, we might have a pretty good data base. Maybe the same with cylinder kits.
Yes. eBay. Here's a screenshot of the seller. They also have a website I think but I just buy off eBay.

Attachments

Titan17

Equipment
Jan 13, 2019
Uncasville, CT
Not as cheap as they were when I got them but brand new and simple drop in replacements. I put the old ones on the shelf for possible rebuild and use in some other project. I also have the OEM seal kits for one if not both the bucket and lift.

Lion Loader Cylinder 15WX16-100 (bucket)

View attachment 80312

Lion Loader Cylinder 15WX18-100 (lift)

View attachment 80313
I just priced them thru surplus ctr. $821 w/shipping and tax. I have to go the hew seal route. Thks for the research. Amazon might be a little cheaper.

Titan17

Equipment
Jan 13, 2019
Uncasville, CT
Couple weeks before doing cylinders; parts coming from Europe.
1/10 price of Kubota, 1/4 price of USA aftermarket suppliers like BDI or HW.
Many OEM seals are sourced from European or Asia.
Will match OEM material (polyurethane, nitrile, moly impregnated, etc) or upgrade to what's on newer machines.
I'll post here and start new thread with results for anyone interested.
My final advice is go OEM parts from Kubota IF you can afford it. This is a good alternative for those of us that can't.