Rtv x900 fuel filter replacement

Beagleman

Sep 29, 2018
Florence,ms
Operator manual says contact dealer for fuel filter replacement. Is there anything special needed to do this. Could someone tell me how?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
kubota rtv 900 fuel filter change

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Operator manual says contact dealer for fuel filter replacement. Is there anything special needed to do this. Could someone tell me how?
You just unscrew the filter cup, pull the filter out of the cup, clean out the cup, install the new filter into the cup, reinstall the two o-rings, screw the cup back onto the filter housing. The filter head has an automatic fuel shut-off valve built into it so it will not keep running out while you have the filter cup off.
No need to bleed it, start the unit and you're ready to go.

The video that was posted is for an RTV900, not a RTV-X900. They are totally different units.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
You just unscrew the filter cup, pull the filter out of the cup, clean out the cup, install the new filter into the cup, reinstall the two o-rings, screw the cup back onto the filter housing. The filter head has an automatic fuel shut-off valve built into it so it will not keep running out while you have the filter cup off.
No need to bleed it, start the unit and you're ready to go.

The video that was posted is for an RTV900, not a RTV-X900. They are totally different units.

actually you will have to bleed it if you use your method.

to add to your method....when the filter bowl is screwed back on, don't tighten it up quite yet. Screw it on until fuel flows into the bowl. Let it fill the bowl, fuel should be running out around the threads. Once the air bubbles subside, takes typically 5 seconds give or take, tighten it up and you are done--no bleeding necessary.

Works for B series and smaller L series too. And M series and bigger L's, though they have a different fuel filter/bowl assembly....same principle.

Robert walker

Equipment
Kubota L3400
Jul 16, 2020
East Texas
My question is where is the fuel filter located On the RTV-x900? Is it on the bottom of fuel tank? I bought a filter kit from Kubota dealer and it had a fuel filter but I saw in the manual it said contact dealer. Can’t be that hard.

ZTMAN

Equipment
BX2380
Aug 26, 2018
South Central Pa
My question is where is the fuel filter located On the RTV-x900? Is it on the bottom of fuel tank? I bought a filter kit from Kubota dealer and it had a fuel filter but I saw in the manual it said contact dealer. Can’t be that hard.
Take a look at Messicks website. They have a parts look up tab, and you will find a diagram for the fuel system

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
It is just ahead of the Right Rear tire.