Rotary Cutter Help

newb

Equipment
L3400HST - b7100hst - bush hog, finish cut mower, box blade, ag rake
Jan 30, 2017
fl
My family got this 6ft cutter on the cheap for me but I have no clue the manufacturer or weight. I'm trying to figure this out to see if its worth them driving it across a couple states to give to me or better to sell. I have a kubota L3400 but this cutter is not CAT I, i believe its CAT II.

If any of you know the brand it would be a life saver, its not new but I don't know how old. I also don't know what the chain with the V shaped metal bar in the middle of the lower link pins is for so if anyone knows that would be great as well.

IMG_2479-1.jpg
IMG_2485.jpg
IMG_2487.jpg
IMG_2486.jpg

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
My wag would be Woods. It looks like a very
well built mower. HEAVYduty.

Look on TractorHouse for a similar one if
you don't any responses.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
I don't remember ever seeing a cutter exactly similar to your cutter.Yes from observing draft pin diameter(1-1/8'') it appears cutter has Cat ll hitch. V shaped rod attached with chains is a cutting height adjuster which requires a centerlink with a rooster comb on it's top edge to set lower height limit.

Saxman

Equipment
L3830 ZD21
Jun 19, 2010
Mt. Vernon, IL
I can see why you think it could be a Woods. On first glance it reminds me of a B106 model Woods but the gearbox Mount is definitely not a Woods that I’ve ever seen. It looks like a well built cutter. If it is a Woods it will be stamped on various parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridger

Equipment
L3940 HST
Nov 26, 2014
North LA
My first thought when I saw it was an old FMC/Sidewinder. They were heavy made and painted that color. They are out of business now, but another group has bought the tooling and still makes them under another name. They also still provide parts. You may want to send them a photo and ask if it is a FMC/Sidewinder.

http://www.herculesserviceparts.com/

jkwilson

Equipment
M8560
Sep 9, 2016
SW Indiana
Don't know for sure who made it, but it's identical to an old Allis mower a neighbor used to have. Some were made by Danuser and some by Allis. Either way you might have luck at an AGCO dealer. The bent metal brackets to stabilize the gearbox and the angle reinforcement along the edges of the deck are the same.

newb

Equipment
L3400HST - b7100hst - bush hog, finish cut mower, box blade, ag rake
Jan 30, 2017
fl
Does this warning help identify the make?

Attachments

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
I have no clue on being able in helping you Identify the model. I will suggest that if any one does move it any further down the road that the straps be rearranged so they do not rub on sharp edges. The straps will not last long the way their rubbing in places. No need to have such nice efforts on your behalf end badly.