Reactions: 1 user

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Going to switch back to the gear shift instead of the HST for the next race.😉

All joking aside, that is a nice looking hot rod!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Pretty boys, goin fast and turnin left,,,, they couldnt hold a candle to the good old boys,,, push, shove trade paint, settle it in the infield,, fix the car,, and go racing next week end. Its not racing today its all about the money, nothing more

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Pretty boys, goin fast and turnin left,,,, they couldnt hold a candle to the good old boys,,, push, shove trade paint, settle it in the infield,, fix the car,, and go racing next week end. Its not racing today its all about the money, nothing more
Kyle Busch isn't pretty, and he started out on short tracks. He'll trade paint with no issues. Put him on the track with anyone from any era, and he's fighting for the win.

Of course, Kyle Petty wasn't a one person shop. He had full support of a major car maker along with a team to get his care ready. Nascar doesn't go much earlier than him, so who are the "good old boys" you are talking about?

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
Like when Iron Head was bumping Elmo at Darlington? Those were the days!

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
The day they started putting sponsor's names on the cars they admitted it was all about the money. It is time to admit the stock has nothing to do with NASCAR.
F1 has done more engine advancement.

Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The good old boys,,, Junior Johnson, the Woods Brothers, Roberts, The King Richard, and the list goes on. When was the last time 2 boys duked it out in the pits because one put the other in the wall? Naww it aint racing, just whinners going around in a oval,, he pushed me he bumped me he scared me,,, oh somebody put a noose in the garage door pull down,, Im scared,, its all BS

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
When was the last time 2 boys duked it out in the pits because one put the other in the wall?
Funny that you think good old boys was when there wasn't any parity. ;)

Not that long ago, but you wouldn't know since you don't watch it. :D

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I knew kubota was getting on board with them about 2 years ago. I had talked with their marketing guys in depth about it, as I am also racing although not at "that" level. NASCAR in my opinion is dying slowly but the big money bracket races and the no-prep races are gaining in popularity. Over 1000 entries at the one race last year. So many that they had to split it up into THREE separate events which they won't do again, they'll have to limit how many entries are taken prior. First round was at 0900 and final round was at 0415 the next morning. Long night for sure. And that was only one of the three.

Did a no prep show up the road from here and there were a total of almost 9900 spectators and 228 entries. It went fairly quickly once you got the crowds cleared off of the starting line. There is certainly some exposure to be had. BTW I didn't win that one. My car is slow in comparison but I know the track better than most of the guys that showed up, and went several rounds. Lost to JJ. I really don't like the no prep stuff as it's just too easy to destroy equipment and I don't have the backing that most of the bigger names do, so it's all on me expense wise and a wrecked race car could potentially set me back a quarter million $$. Thought about going bigger and chasing some backing but honestly don't know if my body can take it anymore given the issues that I have.

Bad Boy was in with Ragan's #38 team. Are they still? I don't really keep up with it, kind of out of my loop. I spoke with them about doing our stuff in 2016 and it was awarded to someone else at the time.